Search

Hello! So, I'm working on a website for an IT company and they want a list of their services each with its own address and have found for some reason in Symphony we can't have /mysql at the end of any URL.

For example:

Shows Forbidden Shows 404 Error

/mysql/ works just fine (which is how I've worked around the issue) but no matter what when you append /mysql to the end of any address, the forbidden page will come up.

Is this meant to happen?

Good one :)

With Symphony, URLs are meant to end with a slash unless the last section is the name of a file. If the last section is not a file then the rewrite rules in.htaccess issue a redirect with a slash appended. This does not, of course, explain why the 'forbidden' page would appear -- I dunno.

IIRC, you can comment out these lines to allow your URL's to omit the trailing slash

Still this doesn't explain the example 403 page of the original post. I have the same phenomenon using /mysql on my localhost with Symphony 2.2, but I can not see the issue with 2.3.3.

Which version of Symphony is it?

Does removing this line sort that?

The line is correct in Sym 2.3 (at least in the current version), and there is no issue here. When we started with these rules, we forgot to escape the dot, so it was:

RewriteRule ^(.*).sql$ - [F]

which is indeed causing the described issue.

So if you are on 2.2.x and experience this issue, you may simply add the escaping backslash and make it:

RewriteRule ^(.*)\.sql$ - [F]

What's indeed a bit strange is that I found the correct code in the updater for 2.2.1 Beta 2 (!), but when I checked out and installed 2.2.5, it writes the old code to the .htaccess file.

I've fixed that twice before, I'm sure of it.

We might simply ensure that the current updater catches it. :-)