Search

I am one of the core members who has work on Church Deploy, a Symphony ensemble with Kirk Strobeck. Brian Zerangue is helping me port Church Deploy over to 2.3.2 to take advantage of new features and a better architecture.

The issue is, much of Church Deploy leverages the Multilingual Text Box extension and to move forward, we really need to leverage the standard Text Box extension.

The problem, one of my clients, who we built Church Deploy for (Athey Creek), has a large site with several thousand records stored in Multilingual fields. Any idea how I can port this over without having to manually re-enter everything.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated!

Your best bet would be to modify the database directly. The Multilingual Textbox is based on the Text Box extension so you shouldn't have much to modify in entries themselves.

I would try moving entries from sym_fields_multilingual_textbox to sym_fields_textbox . Then in sym_fields change all types from multilingual_textbox to textbox.

It's not guaranteed to work so make sure you try out on a local copy first. However I don't see why it shouldn't work.

The issue is, much of Church Deploy leverages the Multilingual Text Box extension and to move forward, we really need to leverage the standard Text Box extension.

Just curious, is multilingual no longer a requirement or are you switching to a different approach?

I began getting things moved over but when trying to Save an existing teaching entry, I get this error:

Screenshot

None of the Multilingual fields are showing up in the Front-End:

Another Screenshot

To answer your question jensscherbl, I don't know all of the issues, except that Brian Zerangue recommended moving to the Text Box field because it is more flexible, and we really don't have a need for multilingual support at this point in time.

@jensscherbel - @jdsimcoe is not needing the Multilingual textbox for their setup. It just has caused many problems with their installation. When updating it was generating several errors that were related to the dependencies. Since they were moving from 2.2.5, it became more of a nightmare tracking down where each error was coming from. Since they weren't using the Multi-lingual Textbox, I encouraged them to use regular textbox, that way they could manage it a little easier since they were not able to figure out all of the multilingual pieces.

Thanks for the input guys! I got everything ported over to 2.3.2 succesfully!