Search

I've been working on a site with some external data, where I've been told users can link an article/comment to a single item. (Since the item is coming externally I've kept the ID of the external article [I also had to import some old data so this was the best way]

However since it was a single Item, and I couldn't link Symphony to the list of ID's I had opted to use an input field. Now the client's realized that it makes more sense to link to multiple items, as the same comment could be applicable to more then 1 item.

I'm thinking of migrating this data to a Select Field however I'm not sure if I'd be able to create new values on the fly. That is using a custom UI to push the value (presume yes). Secondly what I'd have to change backend wise to get the filtering to work (I filter using these external ID's to pull up all the related comments).

I'm planning to try hack it tomorrow, however I'd appreciate some pointers.

You mean a SBL, not a regular select field, right (if you are creating new values)?

You can create new values on the fly and link them to other entries with Sections event].

@Pat not sure exactly what's best. I could use SBL but I'm not linking to any other symphony section, so not entirely sure how that would behave.

For the linking process I'm fine I have a custom template in the backend, which saves via an AJAX on the front-end side.