Search

Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible to create an extension / workspace, which allows the users to create forms for the frontend, from within the backend, which can be attached to pages. - A section should be reflected on the frontend without too much hassle (it has to be simple enough to use for a grandmother, so to speak) - The handling of the form should send an e-mail, create a database-entry or both (plus more.. but as a starting point.). As a setting.

I'd prefer not to use hidden fields to stuff actions in them.

Can someone tell me the steps to program this, up to the point that the result is going to be fool-proof and even a monkey could create a form with handling, if this is at all possible? The user should not even have to know what HTML is..

Short answer, Yes.

Long answer, it is possible, using a main section to house the parent entry for each 'form', linking to a child section with entries for each 'field' in the form, where the actual Symphony fields would define the form field type, length etc etc.

The parent entry could have values to define what actions would be fired for the form on submit etc.

Althogether, definitely do-able, but you would need to plan what you want to achieve in detail, especially around the form actions area, as you may need custom events to make that work.

Can someone tell me the steps to program this, up to the point that the result is going to be fool-proof

Erm, not really. We are here to offer advice on concepts and ideas or issues, but not tell you how to do an entire project, you have to figure out what you want to achieve and ask more granular questions about the details of your project.

What about something like Dynamic Text Group extension to construct the form field types? And XML transform each field to a form input type.

I've put an assessment app together where the teachers are able to construct their own assessment forms using Dynamic Text group as the building block of each form.

Either way, there is work to be done to achieve a clean solution that your users can understand and build.