Search

I have a section (Modules) which entries are linked through a Select Box Link field named Project to the entries of another section (Projects). The Select Box Link field has the option “Display relationship in entries table” checked.

Until yesterday afternoon I was able to go to the Projects entries table:

…/symphony/publish/projects/

click on the Modules relationship link of an entry:

…/symphony/publish/modules/?filter[project]=53 

and go to the filtered Modules entries table where only the corresponding linked-to-this-particular-project entries were displayed. If I had to create a new entry, the “Create New” button had this form:

…/symphony/publish/modules/new/?prepopulate[20]=53

Unfortunately since yesterday night this procedure stopped working: when I’m in the filtered Modules entries table the URL has the proper form (…/symphony/publish/modules/?filter[project]=53) but entries are not being filtered at all, while the “Create New” button has no prepopulate value in it.

In addition, each section has an Entries Order field named Order as well. I also noticed the pagination is not reactivated when I sort entries according to other columns different than the Order one: while the “(drag to reorder)” notation disappears, all entries are still being displayed at once.

I have no idea if the two problems are correlated nor any clue about where they could lay. Any help is highly appreciated, as any suggestion about which strategy would be better to adopt to narrow down the cause of the problem! Thanks!

ps. I’m on Symphony 2.3.3.

Quick update: they’re indeed two completely different problems: to learn more about the Entries Order one, please have a look here.

I understood what is causing the first problem. Following this very exhaustive tutorial by Carson Sasser I created a cookie named “filter”, which stores the @handle of a category, @handle I use in the front end to filter projects depending on the last category viewed by the user.

When the cookie is set, the filtering is not working, but when it is not set, the filtering is working properly, so I guess here’s a conflict.

Since it’s the first time I’m dealing with cookies and Symphony, I’m not familiar with such kind of problems. I’ll start digging the forum right away, but if someone has some insights he/she’d be keen to share with me to put me in the right direction, I’ll be more than glad to hear them.

I was able to solve the first problem by simply renaming the cookie with a different name. I found this answer in Stackoverflow particularly useful to solve the issue.

Good to hear you were able to get it sorted.

Symphony should probably namespace that cookie (and any others) so it doesn't conflict with any frontend cookies. Might be worth submitting an issue on Github.