Search

Hi all, I'm very new to Symphony, I think I understand general concepts of this CMS. Maybe I have to study more but, really, I can't understand how members extension works. In particular I can't understand which events are triggered when a new member is created. They say "For registration or account editing you will use native Symphony events" what does it mean? Are Native symphony events a sort of built-in events? If so, where is located the code? How can I "connect" my registration form with this event?

Many thanks

Hello @miquik,

after you have created a section for storing the various data related to registered members (username, e-mail, …), you can rely on a standard Symphony event (Blueprints > Events > Create New) to handle the registration.

Once you have created an event which source corresponds to your members section, some code will be given to you to be used as a reference at the bottom of the event page. You just need to attach the just-created event to your registration page and implement the code provided as a reference in the front end.

As an alternative, you can rely on the really useful Members Forms by @michael-e: it will boost/simplify/help you integrating the Members extension into your Symphony website.

Ah, while setting up the Members extension and the related code/procedures in the front end, keep always an eye on The Big Picture: it’s really a useful resource to have a clear overview of what’s going on/needs to be done.

Are Native symphony events a sort of built-in events?

Have a look at Symphony Concepts to learn more about events in general.

The docs are a little outdated, events are now directly under Blueprints › Events instead of Blueprints › Components.

Also have a look at the Members Wiki for more in-depth examples and documentation.

Thank you very much, Your comments were really usefull. Now I have another question: I have almost successfully integrate Email Template Manager to send email notification to user (Activation code, Password reset, etc) .. I would like to insert into email template a direct link to, for example, activation page. This link should be "unique" and autofill my activation page with user-email and activation code. I hope I have been clear.

Thanks in advance

Hi! :) Did you solve your lasts questions? I also would like to insert into email template a direct link to activate the account. Can you help me please?

Hi DaveRev,

I used the following recently and it worked for me;

• Create a datasource of your members section.
• Filter the system id by '{$etm-entry-id}'.
• Include the members email and activationkey along with adittional fields.

• Attach it to your email template.

• Create your activation page with the following url-parameters : email/activation

• Create a link in your email template that links to your activation page, something like: <a href="{$root}/activation-page/{email}/{activationkey/code}">Click here</a> to activate your account and log in.
You can now populate the email and activation input in your activation form with the url-parameters.

Good luck