Search

this is funny in a sad way ;) i just spend an hour writing an extension that would let my content editors select all entries in the overview. and then i read this in the code of symphony.selectable.js:

Create selectable elements. Clicking an item will select it by adding the class .selected. Holding down the shift key while clicking multiple items creates a selection range. Holding the meta key (which is cmd on a Mac or ctrl on Windows) allows the selection of multiple items or the modification of an already selected range of items. Doubleclicking outside the selection list will remove the selection.

i did know about the cmd-multiselect, i never tried the shift key and i noticed the doubleclick event once but thought it a bug *g

why don't we make the possible actions clear in the interface. is it because it is expected one will know instinctively how to use it? or because it would clutter the interface? i am just curious.

cheers
daniel

just used nils' date/time extension again and it provides a very neat and clear help panel.

As I understand this is simply replicating known functionality from OS X Finder or Windows Explorer.

As I understand this is simply replicating known functionality from OS X Finder or Windows Explorer.

Totally.

sure thing. at least for the shift/cmd selections. double clicking anywhere to deselect... not so sure. anyways, not everyone 'gets' that this is supposed to work that way in a webapp. heck, i didn't get it, and this is bread and butter to me :P

anyways, i just wanted to check if anyone else felt that way. cheers for the input, closing this :)

I think the general functionality should be clear to any advanced computer user (although you're right about the double click). In my opinion, we shouldn't add documentation to the core itself but provide it separately: in the docs.

(There once was the idea to offer the core interface docs as Markdown documents for easy integration with Documenter.)