Search

It's hard to resist a thread like this. ;)

My current "go to" editor of choice is TextAdept. It's cross platform (I use it under *buntu), loads like lightning, and is one of those "simple, powerful" apps that keeps on offering more the deeper you dig ... but is dead simple to start with. I still use GVim for certain tasks, but mostly it's TextAdept these days. Worth a look.

@symcms - Atom (I've also got it on hand) also runs under both 32- and 64-bit Linux. I take it it's basically a browser disguised as an editor -- which has its advantages. It handles RTL (I work some with Semitic languages) better than any other editor I've used (and I've used alot!).

BBEdit forever! :D

Sublime for me but I just tried Atom after reading the comments. Nice but a bit slower than Sublime I think.

The default key shortcuts of Sublime on windows are in some cases not as good as on other OS, and not the same as other modern apps, I don't know why they make it that way.

Has anyone used Coda to write XSLT?

There doesn't seem to be an XSLT plugin... unless someone knows otherwise..?

@stuartgpalmer - It used to be included. It's easy to add it back in.

https://twitter.com/panic/status/528347483156774912

I am using Sublime Text (as of now version 3), but I am always inspired by other editors in range, so thanks for sharing :) To say, I think I would not use Sublime Text for PHP development, which I don't do much anyway.

Before that I've used Aptana for couple of years, and bunch of others, which were also nice.