Search

DS products listing

• i have a ds with 2 products
  • their title handles are: product, and product-2

DS product when i filter ds by product i get both entries; also if i limit it to single entry, i get only product-2

is there a solution, instead of filtering entry by ID ?

thank you.

Yes this is a problem not just with the multilingual.

The field filters using the handle or the value so if both your values read product regardless of the handles being product and product-2 both will match when filtered. I think this is an oversight of how things work and it would be nice to configure this functionality, to use either of the two or both.

You mean you have a page that uses the $title-handle as param for a DS that should return only one product by filtering the values of the title-field (a multilingual text box field)?

Never had problems with that.

What versions of Symphony, Text Box and Multilingual Text Box are you using? Could you post screenshots of your DS- and Page-setup?

I'm currently running a test setup with S.2.5.RC1, Text Box 2.4 and Multilingual Text Box 3.3.1 and a quick test confirms that ds-filtering by handle works as expected, even if I name things the way you did.

@Roman I had encountered the above on Symphony 2.2 for sure; 2.3+ not so sure - we use a distinct handle and very particular title structures not to have overlaps, so I don't really encounter it on a daily basis.

we use a distinct handle and very particular title structures not to have overlaps, so I don't really encounter it on a daily basis.

Mee too. If overlaps are to be expected I mostly tend to filter my datasources by id instead of handle, so if this used to happen with older versions I might have avoided that bug this way ;)

But I can confirm that with my test setup mentioned above ds-filtering works as expected, even if I give two entries the exact same title "Product" and the system generates the two different handles "product" and "product-2".

Select Box Link Field - 13.1 Multilingual Text Box - 3.3.1 Text Box - 2.3.3

on Symphony 2.4

i attached captures of what i am getting

Attachments:
debug.png and ds-prodicts.png

Could you try the Symphonists-Fork (2.4) of "Text Box Field"?

Version 2.3.3 may not work with Symphony 2.4:
http://symphonyextensions.com/extensions/textboxfield/

i updated but it seems there's no luck for me today. still get two entries instead of one

i added $categody as a filter since, it was present in the url and those products are in different categories; but this is a silly fix.

Strange. Maybe an update to S2.5 is needed too, but if that doesn't work either changing your ds-params may be the best solution for now.

I often use a /page/{$entry-id}/{$title-handle}/-url-scheme (where the ID is used for "bulletproof" datasource-filtering and the title-param serves for readability- and seo-purposes) if I'm not sure about the uniqueness of the title-handle.

thank you. i guess i'll try this way

If I had to add my 2 cents the correct way of doing this would be to create a way of choosing weather you just want to match the handle or the actual title. This would be done on a Field/DS level of course.

But for a quick fix using the ID would be one way to do it.

I'm using this approach as well to bullet proof against content changing.

/page/{$entry-id}/{$title-handle}/

For example, if client publishes an article with handle foo, but 1 week later decides to change it to foo-bar, all /foo/ links to this article that float over the internet will be broken by the change. Using entry ID for identification solves the issue, allowing any number of changes to actual title.