Search

So when I edit a template file in browser with 2.3.3

I get ... You don't have permission to access /symphony/blueprints/utilities/edit/base/ on this server.

The server then boots me and I cant access the website or plex control for 10-15 minutes.

I have checked the file permissions and we are ok there so could this be a server permission or does anyone have other ideas?

Likely a server permissions thing - what's your server setup? When you're making changes via your website do you know who the 'user' is? May be in your logs.

I remember having permission issues when I was using FastCGI (or was it when I was not using FastCGI?) on an old MT server, because when PHP made changes it was treated differently to if I interacted directly with the files in on the server, so it was essentially equivalent to a third party user making the change.

Might have even had something to do with FTP - perhaps because the PHP user was different to the FTP user, the PHP user didn't have permission to edit the file.

Something like that anyway - sorry I can't remember more details!

Could be an owner issue. Got the same sometimes on a vps with direct admin. Files created through symphony got the owner 'apache' and needs to be reset in the control panel of direct admin. Pretty annoying it is :-)

Ok the editor is working, I disabled php safe mode, any bad things about that I should be concerned about?

Given that it was a feature apparently deprecated with PHP 5.3 I wouldn't worry about it!