Search

I'm happy to announce that Symphony 2.5.2 release candidate is now available for testing.

This is a patch release with minor fixes to the backend for a smoother authoring experience. Developers may be interested in the new Widget::Checkbox function which makes creating Checkbox markup in the backend much simpler!

If no major bugs are found, this release will be published on November 3rd as 2.5.2.

Note: This is anticipated to be the final release of 2.5.x branch, 2.6.0 will bring Autoloading & PDO and improvements to Publish Filtering. Very exciting!

2.6.0 will bring Autoloading & PDO and improvements to Publish Filtering.

Thought your plan was to stick with autoloading only for 2.6.0 to get this out the door sooner?

Very exciting!

Indeed.

Is support for latest version of XSLT planned in some near future? :D

Is support for latest version of XSLT planned in some near future? :D

Nope. Unfortunately not in our hands, PHP's XSLT extension only supports XSLT 1.0 and doesn't seem to be under active development at the moment.

I'd like to report a stupendous upgrade from 2.3.2 to 2.5.2-rc.1. One helpful point to the average user might be to change something in each data source and save. One way the datasource problem shows is if parts of the pages that use datasources, such as navigation, aren't showing up. The error also shows itself in the debug xml as

<error>include(/var/www/update/symphony/lib/toolkit/data-sources/datasource.section.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory</error>

I used the upgrade method listed in Designer Git posting. I individually downloaded the extensions and replaced what I had. I'm in process of testing:

• admincssoverride
  • client_logo
  • customfieldcaptions
  • imageindexpreview
  • members
  • order_entries
  • preview_textarea
  • emailtemplatemanager
  • publish_tabs
  • publishfiltering
  • reflectionfield
  • resave_entries
  • antibruteforce

So far everything looks good.

Just for info of future searchers, I suppose it's been around a couple of versions but on Fasthosts shared hosting:

<IfModule mod_negotiation.c>

Options -MultiViews

</IfModule>

Must be removed from .htaccess as well as the symlinks line (but that's been the case for a long time).

Just noted while installing client site.

and the letter B from near the end of here:

### IMAGE RULES
RewriteRule ^image/(.+)$ extensions/jit_image_manipulation/lib/image.php?param=$1 [B,L,NC]

Must be removed from .htaccess as well as the symlinks line (but that's been the case for a long time).

Why?

@jensscherbl I was just referring to the shared hosting Fasthosts, it seems some part or all of:

Options +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

Isn't supported there, so you just get 500 internal server error or something like that if you don't remove it. The line has been with us for a long time but the other items I listed are recent additions?

Just writing really in case any other people search for fasthosts problems on the site in future. And to say Symphony will work on Fasthosts shared hosting with a little tweak. No Cron though.

The line has been with us for a long time but the other items I listed are recent additions?

Since 2.4 if I remember correctly.

Agreed, not noticeable until there's a problem though

A huge ❤︎ to all those who have contributed to creating 2.5. This is such a joy to use. Thanks so much!

A minor point but the download button on the release notes page is a broken link

❤︎ +1

Yeah, I'm doing a big web update to 2.5.2 and so far great.

Same here.

I just brought a site up from 2.3.4, which I had been putting off for months because I was afraid it would be a rabbit hole of upgrade issues. I use XML Importer and Union Datasource pretty extensively, and those two usually require a lot of debugging during upgrades.

Instead it was basically painless. My thanks to you all.

I'm very pleased to hear of the seamless upgrades! Both Union Datasource and XML Importer do have some updates sitting on their relative integration branches that are worth checking out if you have any issues :)

I'm very pleased to hear of the seamless upgrades!

Looks like Symphony is back on track after the 2.4 hickup... :)

Yes, it is, thanks to all the contributors. And especially thanks to @brendo, who (again) has contributed endless hours of work. But, it's even more than that. How shall I say it? In engineers' terms: With @brendo as leading head, the percentage of good/great/wise decisions has always been pretty high. :-)

Thanks a lot, @brendo!

With @brendo as leading head, the percentage of good/great/wise decisions has always been pretty high. :-)

Thanks a lot, @brendo!

Agreed... :)