Search

@Nitriques Joking aside extension looks great, probably my new GOTO for ease of use and recursion when I get to that part. Cheers for your hard work and for sharing.

@munki Thanks ! Please report (on github) any issue or request you may have.

If I were to create a new related-entry that is to be related to a main-entry via the front end how would I go about that?

@jeffleeder

You would first create an event that creates the child entry and then another event that would follow the first one and append the newly created entry id to the field. It could also be done usign one single event. This would needs some custom php, but it should not be hard to code.

Right now, support for section event is limited to this. (sadly). Please send a PR (or post a gist) if you find a nice solution !

I've just release version 1.0.1, which contains lots of bug fixes and some improvements.

https://github.com/DeuxHuitHuit/entry_relationship_field/releases/tag/1.0.1

Here are the release notes

• Fix a bug that was preventing the render. Fixes #14
  • Outputs all modes (formatted/unformatted). Fixes #7
  • Only save via ajax if value changed. Fixes #6
  • Do not output * in includable elements. Fixes #9
  • Display real count of linked elements. Fixes #13
  • Added section name in the DS xml. Fixes #12
  • Turn off filtering. Re: #11
  • Re-render after save or create. Re: #1
  • Save the field value when it changes. Fixes #1
  • Always show linking section. Fixes #3
  • Added some xml params into backend templates. Fixes #8
  • Added runtime params. Fixes #8
  • Better debug visual

@Nitriques - this sounds and looks really interesting. For some reason, I am having a hard time grasping how it would be used. Would you have time, to share a brief use-case on how to use the extension? In other words, provide a real world example and how this extension. I am wanting to solve some website parent-child relationships and was wondering how this works and how this extension goes toward solving the problem.

Also, I watched your brief screencast and I was just confused on what was happening.

Please forgive me for being dense and for the fact that I am probably missing some basic concepts, but would you be willing to explain some more on how this works?

@bzerangue

Did you ever used Subsection Manager or Content Field before ? If so, the use case is pretty much the same.

From a really basic standpoint, the parent entries links to child entries. This extensions is all about creating the UI for a easy experience.

Would you have time, to share a brief use-case on how to use the extension? In other words, provide a real world example and how this extension

Yes for sure. Let's say you have a "article" section. This section contains entries that have title, published date, author and content. Content is our ERF here.

Content can be linked with multiple sections, so we will create a section that only contains an image field, another one that contains a oembed field and finally, a third that contains a text box field. With that, the user can create as many entries as they like from the 3 child sections (image, video, text) and manager does from the publish page of the article entry.

Is that clear enough ? Please ping me here or on twitter for any other questions.

This is sheer beauty! So much potential.. and the fact all of the data is output in the one DS is super neat.. great work Nicolas :)

Thanks Andrew! Please break it and report issues!

Symphony Version: 2.3.3

For some reason I can't install/enable this extension. Here is the log:

[Sun Aug 09 14:55:46.047307 2015] [:error] [pid 911] [client 127.0.0.1:63638] PHP Fatal error: Cannot make non static method Field::removeSectionAssociation() static in class FieldEntryrelationship in /www/sites/crpn/wwwroot/extensions/entryrelationshipfield/fields/field.entryrelationship.php on line 1201, referer: http://crpn.dev/symphony/system/extensions/

@manuelro - you'll need Symphony 2.5.0 or later for that extension:

http://symphonyextensions.com/extensions/entryrelationshipfield/