Search

I have a basic 'similar entries to' widget on a Symphony site. The site is animal rehoming and some of the animals are 'paired' with another animal (i.e. two dogs to be re-homed together).

As part of the 'similar entries to' DS I need to explude both the animal being shown, and any that might be 'paired' with it.

This is a DS chain situation, using an Association field to pair entries.

This works for removing the current entry from the DS:

not:{$ds-adoption-dog.system-id}

However whatever I try I can't get a second ID in there, neither of these work:

not:{$ds-adoption-dog.system-id} or not:{$ds-adoption-dog.paired-with}

not:{$ds-adoption-dog.system-id or $ds-adoption-dog.paired-with}

(When I say 'not work' I mean it doesn't filter the DS at all, so neither condition parses)

Is it possible? If so what's the syntax?

What about this...

Create another data source 'similar entries exclusion' that has the current dog and/or any paired dog.

Then filter your 'similar entries' data source by not:{$ds-similar-entries-exclusion.system-id}.

Pretty sure not: {$ds-adoption-dog.system-id}, {$ds-adoption-dog.paired-with} will do the job.

Reasoning:

• The Datasource class will parse the filter and see the ,, causing it to break the string into an array with two parts, not: {$ds-adoption-dog.system-id} and {$ds-adoption-dog.paired-with}.
  • The Association field will inspect the first part ($data[0]) and find the not flag, so will set negation for the entire filter. This step also removes not: from the first part.
  • Association field will then check what the filter type is, in our case it's not an AND operation, so it'll proceed to implode $data to construct a NOT EXISTS subquery.

I haven't tested this, but reading the code, that is what should work.

@nathan can confirm what @brendo stated, I've been using the not ID filter for a while now.

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions - I'll give the comma a shot!

Edit: That did the trick, thanks!