Search

Has anyone looked into Saxon/C?

"Saxon/C is currently on beta release: offering the Saxon-HE product for the C/C++ programming platform. APIs are offered currently to run XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 from C/C++ or PHP applications."

http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/index.xml

No, but that is awesome!

I worked once using Saxon version for Node, compiling XSL files into static HTML using Gulp. It's nice, but I can't tell the difference of XSLT 1.0.

XSLT2 has some nice features that are a bit roundabout to realise in XSLT1. One big thing f. e. is grouping.

I have looked into it. I had issues installing it, but I was able to get some help from a friend to get it working on a DigitalOcean Droplet: Installing Saxon/C PHP Extension on an Ubuntu 14.04 x64 Server. But that's about as far as I got.

So, if Symphony had plans to support XSLT 2. It's possible.

The first major release of Saxon/C 1.0.0 is released. Now offers the products Saxon-HE/PE/EE on C/C++/PHP platforms. Run XSLT 2.0/3.0, XQuery 1.0/3.0, XPath 2.0/3.0 and Schema Validation from C/C++ or PHP applications. See further details on Saxonica website: http://www.saxonica.com/saxon-c/index.xml

This is nice!

I know we've already talked about this but being able to "switch" the render engine would be nice... More to come on that... Focusing on 2.7.0 and 3.0.0 right now.

XSLT2 would make a lot of things mich easier on the frontend. <3 :)

XSLT2 would make a lot of things mich easier on the frontend

Yeah I know ;)

This would be huge to have.

Jens pointed out here on twitter: this looks interesting:

XSL 2.0 Transpiler in PHP

Open issues are all from 2015 … :/

Releases seem very current though.