Search

Hi

When i try to run the install script of symphony (2.6.2), i get an error Message: A severe error occurred whilst trying to handle an exception, check the Symphony log for more details Use of undefined constant SYMPHONY_URL - assumed 'SYMPHONY_URL' on 306 of file /is/htdocs/xyz/www/symph/symphony/lib/core/class.errorhandler.php

The log gives the following Errors:
..... there are more than 1000 of these "Undefinded offset" errors
05/28/2015 12:26 pm > Notice: GenericErrorHandler 8: Undefined offset: 5 on line 714 of file /is/htdocs/xyz/www/symph/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.widget.php
05/28/2015 12:26 pm > Notice: GenericErrorHandler 8: Undefined offset: 4 on line 714 of file /is/htdocs/xyz/www/symph/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.widget.php
05/28/2015 12:26 pm > Notice: GenericErrorHandler 8: Undefined offset: 3 on line 714 of file /is/htdocs/xyz/www/symph/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.widget.php
05/28/2015 12:26 pm > Notice: GenericErrorHandler 8: Undefined index: user on line 380 of file /is/htdocs/xyz/www/symph/install/lib/class.installerpage.php
05/28/2015 12:26 pm > UNKNOWN: ErrorException 0 - Undefined index: user on line 380 of /is/htdocs/xyz/www/symph/install/lib/class.installerpage.php
05/28/2015 12:26 pm > Notice: GenericErrorHandler 8: Undefined variable: _SESSION on line 193 of file /is/htdocs/xyz/www/symph/symphony/lib/boot/func.utilities.php
05/28/2015 12:26 pm > Notice: GenericErrorHandler 8: Use of undefined constant SYMPHONY_URL - assumed 'SYMPHONY_URL' on line 306 of file /is/htdocs/xyz/www/symph/symphony/lib/core/class.errorhandler.php

Is it possible, that my server doesn't meet the requirements or am i missing something else?

@BobLoblaw - What version of PHP are you using?

@bzerangue: my PHP version is: 5.3.29

the other server requirements are all o.k. - mySQL is 5.5, - there is LibXML and XSLT (i can use the constants, like LIBXSLT_VERSION)

it could be something with the "mod_rewrite" - for this im am contacting my provider now

it could be something with the "mod_rewrite" - for this im am contacting my provider now

@BobLoblaw - who is your "provider" or web host?

It is hosteurope suisse. I have the "Webhosting Gold" which is compareable to "Webpack L" (Webpack L is in the list of "compatible hosts")

@bzerangue: I tried the installation now on another "Webhosting Gold" server, which i thought was identical, and here it seems to work. Then there must be something wrong with my contract... i don't know. But i can use the other server for Symphony now. If i will find out, what the problem was, i will post it here. And many thanks, that you tried to help me. :)