Search

Hey everyone,

This is a problem I've had in a couple of websites now:

When I generate a page through XSLT and symphony, Youtube embeds do not work on an iPhone (haven't tried on other phones) although they work fine on desktop browsers. But if I copy the generated html and paste on a static html file, the video plays well on the iPhone. Any idea why? Here's an example: http://artistmediaagency.com/private/symphony/

As a side note, I really love symphony but I keep having these little similar issues, things that work as static html but do not when generated through xslt. I'm starting to consider doing my websites as webapps that consume XML (or converted JSON) generated by symphony just because I keep bumping into situations where javascript libraries don't work because the page is being served through xslt. I keep having to find weird workarounds.... ok rant over :)

Thank you!

Symphony it self should have nothing to do with it, something must be wrong with html that is being generated (which is your responsibility ;D).

When looking at your site source I'd say problem might be with your doctype. iPhone might require HTML5 doctype (which is problematic to get with xslt), so try installing HTML5 Doctype extension and see if it works after that.

I have also noticed while inspecting header files of your website that it is being served with content type of text/xml instead of text/html. Check if you have accidental added XML as type of your page and remove it if you did. That might be part of the problem.

it is being served with content type of text/xml instead of text/html

According to the description of the problem, this must be the reason.

That's exactly the problem!! Thank you guys so much :D This had been bothering me for more than a year! For some reason, since the beginning I always assumed we had to select a type, and for each single page I have ever created, I used XML. This probably solves other problems I had posted on this forum and many others I didn't hahaha.

Thank you so much!

Symphony, you are perfect, I'm sorry I had a go at you :)

There are couple of "special" types that do some stuff behind the scenes like index, xml and json but other than that you can write some random string in type field your self.

Types act just like tags which can help you filter stuff in your template, nothing more.