Search

I have a website that runs Symphony 2.1.2 and I need to upgrade the server for PHP 5.6. Can-I upgrade Symphony to the lastest version? The upgrade instructions seams to alert that this upgrade is not possible. What can-I do?

@pup - What extensions are you using on the site? List the extensions you are using here in this thread.

Unless you have some out of the ordinary extensions, you should be able to upgrade, but you will need to do it in steps...

When you have done that successfully, then you should be able to upgrade to the latest release (as of this post), 2.6.3.

@bzerangue Thank you for your support. Here is the list of the extentions I use:

• Backend add script
  • Calendar Overlay
  • Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Filter
  • Data Source: Param Pool to XML
  • Date and Time
  • Debug DevKit
  • Export Ensemble
  • Field: Select Box Link
  • JIT Image Manipulation
  • Language: French
  • Maintenance Mode
  • Profile Devkit
  • Static Section
  • Subsection Manager
  • Text Formatter: Markdown

For the updates, after files and database backup, should I follow those instructions?

For the updates, after files and database backup, should I follow those instructions?

Yes. Definitely make sure to always backup your entire site (files) and database before attempting any update.

Note that Subsection Manager was deprecated after 2.3.6 and replaced by Association UI Selector and Association UI Editor.

Depending on how you use Subsection Manager updating this specific extension might get tricky and require some manual tweaking.

Static Section also is deprecated and only compatible up to 2.3.6. You might simply delete/deactivate this extension before updating and later replace it's functionality with a newer extension.

I also would recommend deleting/disabling "Calendar Overlay" before updating. That extension won't be available for newer symphony versions and the latest version (2.6.3) has this functionality built in.

Hi and thank you both. I am almost done (I think). But as the extension parampool_to_xml seems to be obsolete, I removed it. Now I get the following error:

Symphony Fatal Error: Could not find Data Source zzz_param_pool. If it was provided by an Extension, ensure that it is installed, and enabled.

An error occurred in /home/codev/www/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.datasourcemanager.php around line 194
    189 {
    190 $classname = self::__getClassName($handle);
    191 $path = self::__getDriverPath($handle);
    193 if (!is_file($path)) {
    194 throw new Exception(
    195 __('Could not find Data Source %s.', array('<code>' . $handle . '</code>'))
    196 . ' ' . __('If it was provided by an Extension, ensure that it is installed, and enabled.')
    197 );
    198 } 
Backtrace
    [/home/codev/www/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.frontendpage.php:849]
        DatasourceManager::create();
    [/home/codev/www/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.frontendpage.php:460]
        FrontendPage->processDatasources();
    [/home/codev/www/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.frontendpage.php:193]
        FrontendPage->__buildPage();
    [/home/codev/www/symphony/lib/core/class.frontend.php:106]
        FrontendPage->generate();
    [/home/codev/www/symphony/lib/boot/func.utilities.php:232]
        Frontend->display();
    [/home/codev/www/symphony/lib/boot/func.utilities.php:212]
        symphony_launcher();
    [/home/codev/www/index.php:17]
        symphony();
Database Query Log
    [0.0003] SET character_set_connection = 'utf8', character_set_database = 'utf8', character_set_server = 'utf8';
    [0.0002] SET CHARACTER SET 'utf8';
    [0.0002] SET time_zone = '+02:00';
    [0.0003] SELECT SQL_CACHE t1.name, t2.page, t2.delegate, t2.callback FROM `sym_extensions` as t1 INNER JOIN `sym_extensions_delegates` as t2 ON t1.id = t2.extension_id WHERE t1.status = 'enabled' ORDER BY t2.delegate, t1.name;
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE `name` FROM `sym_extensions` WHERE `status` = 'enabled';
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE `session_data` FROM `sym_sessions` WHERE `session` = 'dada8fc410b2a9b32ed8fe194eeb831e' LIMIT 1;
    [0.0003] SELECT SQL_CACHE a.* FROM `sym_authors` AS `a` WHERE `username` = 'gg' ORDER BY a.id ASC LIMIT 1;
    [0.0003] UPDATE sym_authors SET `last_seen` = '2015-09-05 15:07:50' WHERE `id` = 2;
    [0.0003] SELECT SQL_CACHE `p`.* FROM `sym_pages` AS `p` LEFT JOIN `sym_pages_types` AS `pt` ON (p.id = pt.page_id) WHERE `pt`.type = 'index';
    [0.0002] SELECT SQL_CACHE type FROM `sym_pages_types` AS pt WHERE pt.page_id = 3 GROUP BY pt.type ORDER BY pt.type ASC; 

@pup - I would disable parampool_to_xml extension. The params are already in the XML as of I believe 2.2.x and higher.

@bzerangue This problem occurs when I remove parampool_to_xml precisely.

This is likely to be because there is a page that is directly referencing the datasource. When the page is rendered, we fetch all of the datasources associated with the page and attempt to invoke them.

Check your pages table and look in the datasources column for any reference to zzz_param_pool. Wherever it exists, remove it.