Search

Hi All,

I have hosted my site with hostforlife.eu. I've been with them for almost 3 years. I host my asp.net and SQL server with them. I'm just curious can I install symphony cms on their hosting environment?

Thank you

@SpiritJoss - You would have to use HostForLife's Linux plan for it to work, since Symphony CMS is supported on Apache/Litespeed servers (works with Nginx).

http://hostforlife.eu/Linux-Shared-Hosting-Plans

Dear bzerangue,

Thank you for your response. Cant it run on Windows server? I plan to host it on 1 account only, it will be easy to manage and cheaper.

Thank you

Can't it run on Windows server?

It is not supported on Windows Server. You can get it to run on Windows server, but it must have PHP 5.3 or above, MySQL, URL Rewrite capabilities, and you would have convert the existing rewrite rules in htaccess to Windows Server's web.config.

Your host... looks like it's Window's plans only have ASP.NET and ColdFusion. You need PHP. So if you want to run Symphony CMS, it would be in your best interest to run it on a fully supported platform, which would be a Linux server with PHP 5.3 and above, MySQL, rewrite capabilities.

Hi bzerangue,

No... No... Their windows hosting plan support PHP 5.3 above and also MySQL. I also host my wordpress blog with them. So, if my host support this feature, it will work smoothly without any problems?

Thank you for your help.

There's a good chance it will work, you might need to add some modules to php for the XSLT processing which wordpress wouldn't have but it should work if configured properly. If ModXSL and rewrites are enabled you should be good to go. Easiest way is to set up a quick test site, would help you see any issues you might encounter.