Search

Hi all,

I'm brand new to Symphony this week. Loving the power, flexibility and above all freedom. It really is great. Thanks for all the hard work.

I inherited a few hundred articles marked up in Docbook 5.1. There is a custom.xsl which imports the standard Docbook XSL stylesheets and creates html5 output.

I was wondering if it was possible to have these docbook articles as a datasource? They would need the custom.xsl ran on the files prior to viewing but the result is html5.

If nothing was suitable I can just manually transform the articles to html and post them as articles in the standard way.

Thanks,

Peter

to have these docbook articles as a datasource

I would think it's possible I've never done it. But if the docbook files are XML compliant (which I assume they are), you can create what is called a custom datasource, with filtering and load up the relevant docbook file in your XML. To create a custom datasource you can create a 'standard' one then you have to override the exectute function. This function has to return either an XML Element or an XML Valid string. So you can just open the relevant docbook depending on the parameters. If you get stuck the quickest way for us to help out is by opening the chat, as I'm not 24/7 on the Forum.