Search

I really like indentation as it visually points out the structure of data. So it's great to have indented XML on the debug pages. Sadly there are two situations where indentation fails:

1. The first line of an imported external XML structure will not be indented. (surprise)
  2. When I save an XML structure in a textarea as part of an entry it will not be properly indented. (no surprise)

While I'm sure the first situation can easily be fixed, the second one comes close to a feature request: Is there a possibility to notify Symphony to treat the value of a textarea as an XML structure? Maybe via a text-formatter?

Alistair will obviously be able to give you a much better idea of whether this is possible than I, but from my understanding I think solving both indentation issues should be possible and relatively easy. I would like to see them both solved, but there may be technical reasons preventing this that I am not aware of.

Is there a possibility to notify Symphony to treat the value of a textarea as an XML structure?

It's rendered value is always an XML structure, but it would be possible to have a text formatter, effectively the same as "None", which adds enhanced controls for editing XML. We've implemented something similar in a TinyMCE-based extension (which I think the community might not have seen yet since it relies on rev-5 functionality).