Search

Symphony!! This is a bit self-interested, but nonetheless this is how I feel and so I feel compelled to share it. I love Symphony and it has been the best way for me to develop my websites and so make them editable by clients. The alternative CMSs simply do not compare, as they lack the precision that Symphony offers. Anyway, I can tell that there are fewer comments/signs of interest in the platform these days (maybe I'm wrong?? I don't know). But I just wanted to encourage everyone who has developed this that they have created an awesome platform and the precision of this is simply beyond compare. Please let me know if this will still be in development.. if it is never looked after again, or I can't look to someone if there is a potential problem.. I may need to look elsewhere for my cms needs.. thank you so much for everything! I may just impulsively use the platform now lol

I want to keep Symphony going as well. I have taken it upon myself to write the next version. It will take several months before I have something ready.

Thank you, Peter. Which repo should we keep an eye on, to offer testing, PRs?

I will make an announcement when I create the repo, which will not be very soon.

Symphony is a world in its own. Glad to see someone still cares.

Beside maintenance my feeling has always been that tutoring is lacking. The Cms had for me a steep learning curve, because the Cms, and mainly because Xslt is not the newcomer's language of choice. Xslt, beside having a clean and very elegant syntax, has some things which are still quite puzzling to me. apply-templates makes me always unconfortable, for example.