Search

Just begun to snoop n' play a bit around with version two.

In two the 'send-mail' part isn't saved in /workspace/events/ anymore, but in /symphony/lib/toolkit/events/event.section.php (fields thingies and so on).

So if I want to create a monster form, where do I store my whole 'send-monster' and how?

i.e. I would say /workspace/events/event.send_monster.php

But are there any huge differences in comparison to former version 1.7, because the 'core' part of the send event already exists in the 'events' folder under toolkit?

(i.e. 'send-mail' for default theme's form seems to be included in /workspace/events/event.save_message.php)

In two the 'send-mail' part isn't saved in /workspace/events/ anymore, but in

the send email part of Events is now a Filter option when you create Events. The core of all events and Data Source have been abstracted away, vastly simplifying their implementation and making it easier for updates.

But are there any huge differences in comparison to former version 1.7, because the 'core' part of the send event already exists in the 'events' folder under toolkit?

The core part is just an included file. If you look at an Event or DS created via the Symphony 2 interface, you will notice that the main function has an include statement to the relevant core file. Symphony 1.7's Events are not really compatible with 2, however it isn't hard to convert them.

What is your send-monster Event doing? It might be a fairly simple exercise to recreate it via the Symphony 2 Event editor.

It's doing nothing really speacial. Just sending email, but more fields and ifs. I've stuck together an example—attachement.

So can I stick together an event re-using the core send email part via include and expand it with i.e. additional fields, ifs, etc.? I mean modular. A simple example showing how it's best done would be great if possible.