Search

Version 1.0 has been released! Thanks for everyone’s help and input with this.

Cool! Thanks, MrBlank!

I’ve updated the extension to 1.1 and I think it works and looks much better. jQuery is da bomb! :-)

If anyone uses it, let me know how it goes.

Symphony Extension: Color Chooser Field (finished!) from Josh Nichols on Vimeo.

@MrBlank Great improvements!

Thanks for making this available, Mr. Blank.

Nicely done! I like the interface more.

@MrBlank - Very nice work!

Thanks, MrBlank. This is freakin’ awesome!

Version 1.2 has been released. It now uses the jQuery Tools Tooltip plugin so the color picker will not extend outside the browser window.

Love this stuff.. I can think of loads of situation to use this! gonna try variety of colours on blog posts for a client as a starting point!

Love it!

Congrats MrBlank this is V cool work.

Color Chooser Field updated to version 1.2 on 30th of November 2009

I was using the OSX Finder to add color labels to folders and thought of a good use for the Color Chooser field. Because it creates swatches on the list view of the entry index page, you could use the field to give a color value for use in the back end to designate status of an entry or just to highlight certain ones.

screenshot

I was wondering:

Should the ability to use a color swatch chooser with pre-defined colors, set on a preferences page, be added to the color chooser field, or should it be it’s own extension? I think i’d be handy to work with a set palette of colors.

Could you import a Colorschemer file (.cs) or some sort of ColorSchemer xml export? That might be something to consider.

Color Chooser Field updated to version 1.2.1 on 19th of July 2010