Search

:) I’m in this forum a lot. Plus it’s late afternoon, early evening here in Dallas, Texas.

How about this?

http://rowanlewis.com/journal/getting-started-with-email-template-filters/

Thanks, Rowan! This looks very interesting indeed.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing Rowan!

Interesting Rowan, now is there a way to make the sent emails html ones? I consider hooking into the google documents api because it allows to direct it to send formatted emails from your gmail
Could symphony go that way or would i’d better look into google?

@bzerangue: A long time ago you said that you are interested in Ninja Domains Part 2.

I have not forgotten this tutorial. I simply had tons of work, and I am working around 16 hours a day. At the moment I try and write about the SSL magic stuff, but I noticed that even the rewrite rules in Ninja Domains Part 1 need an update due to Symphony’s changes in “trailing slash culture”. I’d like to make everything as generic and future-proof as it can be. I will send everything to bauhouse as soon as it is up to date. I really like the designprojectx.com idea.

So please hold the line.

@michael-e - Yes, @bzerangue does live here.

I have sent everything to bauhouse. It’s an update for part 1 (including much more bulletproof rewrite rules), plus:

(taraaaaa, the music here…)

Part 2!

@michael-e: That’s awesome! Thanks so much for pulling that together. This will be a great help to many folks.

@bauhouse - some of my background includes Technical Writing if you need a hand (in terms of sharing the workload - you’re clearly gifted in writing tutorials as designprojectx.com outlines).

@wjnielsen, thanks for the offer. If you have any ideas for tutorials, I’m happy to post your contributions. For Michael’s articles, I did some quick proofreading for spelling, grammar and style, but nothing more.

I was thinking about adding categorization and comments (I’m always a little apprehensive about doing this, as I have little time to moderate comments) to designprojectx.com. Once the Forum Ensemble is ready to release, I was going to incorporate it in some way. Then, contributions will be a whole lot easier. Then again, I don’t want to duplicate what the Dev Team are doing for this site. It might be more supplementary, to cover things that go beyond Symphony specific development and design.

@michael, thanks for the new article and the update to the previous article. I’ve added them to the site. It looks like something has changed in Symphony 2.0.6 from 2.0.4 and the entry handles are no longer getting truncated so the link has changed for the previous article:

@bauhouse: Thank you so much. I am very glad that you publish these articles. Your work is a perfect companion to the dev team’s work.

It looks like something has changed in Symphony 2.0.6 from 2.0.4 and the entry handles are no longer getting truncated

Verified. This is causing lots of potential problems. I believe it is a bug. Will post it to the bug tracker. [EDITED - see below for reasons]

Actually I have run into problems with form validation yesterday, which might be caused by inconsisent truncation behaviour. I will check this out before posting the bug.

I opened a new thread about truncating.

In what order should these tutorials be read if you’re beginner ?

I kinda need a tutorial that tells my the structure of Symphony CMS and gives me the best practice of getting started.

// Sebastian

Sebatian: wait until next week, proper documentation will be released then.

DesignProjectX is a series of articles/tutorials. Perhaps not the easiest to follow, but they might be enough for now.

Great, I’m looking forward to this. If I learn this, I’ll make some screencasts. Here are some I’ve made for another system: http://bit.ly/5XQjZK

Oooh! Released next week? Must be imminent if you’re actually mentioning a release time frame. Looking forward to it, Allen.

Ah, I see, I’ve got a lot of catching up to do. I’ve been nose to the grindstone for a while, so I just realized the blog has recently announced the launch of the new site. Nice!