Search

I needed a way to generate a calendar through XSLT in symphony, and a search on here came up with nothing, so I went and found some guy who already had generated a monthly calendar, took his code, and changed it some to create an easy way to generate a monthly calendar in symphony.

I use it by injecting some events that are stored using a modified version of rowan’s repeatingdatefield that allows me to filter by a range of dates instead of a single date. I imagine a better way to do it would be generate the calendar right from the events, but it’s complicated by the recurring nature of some events, and I’m still learning and this is good enough for now!

To view other months/years add year and month parameters to a page (called year and month), i.e. http://some-site.com/calendar/2009/08.

I will be expanding it to be able to generate monthly/daily views, and the ability to export the calendar to an iCalendar format.

It can be found here.

Maybe you could take a look a the Calendar Ensemble bauhouse created a while ago.

scott, I hope that your intentions are to create something like this: iCal like calendar

That would really be a neat extension when people would have the ability to publish events through their admin panel straight to the calendar.

You could use that javascript/Css to style the table, and by overriding what happens in the part for each day, you could use that event hover JS code. But yes, this is basically what I’ll be doing using a section called events and a modified repeatingdatefield in there. I will be adding the ability to add events to it through the calendar itself. When I’m done I’ll be happy to share it.

So I originally handled all the events myself, and it was verrrry messy, not to mention slow. What I’ve almost got complete is using a public google calendar, grabbing the “XML” (it’s more like an atom feed) and just jamming the events inside a calendar. Since I have my gCal and iCal and iPhone synced, I can just add events from my iPhone (which makes my interface looks like carrot stew, which as you may guess is not appetizing). Huzzah.

This could probably be best implemented as an extension field, I may do that when I have time, there’s even a PHP Library to handle it already.