Search

A new Extension, “Enable Tabkey” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

After I had to find out that my first extension was basically useless, I wrote the extension I originally intended to create: Enable Tabkey.

It enables you to use your tab-key the way you are used to it in any other editor: Indent single lines or whole blocks using tab or outdent them using shift-tab.

It works for Pages-, Utilities- as well as Publish-editors (basically every textarea on the backend) but it is currently incompatible with markItUp! (maybe others as well). It may also be incompatible with other JS-extensions since the whole JS-Library-thing is a complete mess… I hope that will be fixed in Symphony 2.0.3. :-)

Oh and most of the work was done by Ted Devito with his tabby-function for jQuery.

Nobody using it?

I am currently doing quite a lot of templating and found it exceptionally useful. :-)

Not yet — I never edit XSLT files through Symphony itself, preferring Textmate instead. But I can see this would be useful in a Markdown editor to insert code blocks (which need to be space or tab-indented).

Whoo! I've been looking for the for a long-long time! Thanks Phoque!