Search

Hrmm yes, it has had problems with other upload field types before. I have made a tweak and I think it’s now working:

http://github.com/nickdunn/uploadify

My test scenario is using:

• Symphony installed several subdirectories deeper than the root domain
  • both native File Upload and the Unique File Upload extensions

Doesn’t work for me at all. Symphony 2.0.6 + Unique upload field. Progress bar visible after selecting file but no uploading. After saving shows ‘undefined’ error around upload field.

Does it work with a normal File Upload field?

Nope. Tried on Safari, FF, Opera (OS-X 10.6)

Some debugging: i’ve added console.log(response) to onComplete function in apply.js and the result is:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <title>Symphony &ndash; Login</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="http://foto/symphony/assets/login.css">
  </head>
  <body onload="document.forms[0].elements.username.focus()">
    <form action="" method="post">
      <h1>Symphony</h1>
        <fieldset>
          <legend>Login</legend>
          <label>Username <input name="username" type="text"> </label>
          <label>Password <input name="password" type="password"> </label>
        </fieldset>
        <div class="actions">
          <input name="action[login]" type="submit" value="Login">
          <input name="redirect" type="hidden" value="/symphony/extension/uploadify/upload/?folder=/workspace/images/galeria&PHPSESSID=u3gps89j9emgaqo2esoeh9eii5&section=galeria&field=47">
        </div>
      </form>
    </body>
  </html>

Looks like login form…

I’m seeing an “undefined” message after each upload. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? I wonder if it’s chmod permissions somehow, but we run suPHP as the user so the user it’s running as should be able to create dirs and files regardless of the chmod perms.

I’ve confirmed that it’s not the directory permissions as this extension disabled the regular file uploader is working to upload correctly. Not sure what I did wrong with the plugin.

Hm,, Uploadify is still quite buggy so it’s not something you’re doing wrong. Just a bug that I need to figure out ;-)

Hehe. Thanks. No worries. It;s pretty sweet once we get the bugs worked out. I’m loving these extensions so far :)

I’m getting an error when trying to use the uploadify plugin with Symphony 2.07 (patched version). There is a JavaScript error saying:

missing } in XML expression [Break on this error] margin: 0; padding: 0;n upload…ldingen (line 6) uploadfields is not defined [Break on this error] for(var field in uploadfields) {

See screenshot attached…

Attachments:
Picture 3.png

Hi, this extension is just what I need.

Everything works fine until the upload is finished - after the progress bar reaches 100% nothing else happens. The form just stays on the screen and doesn’t seem to be submitted - there are no JS-errors being diplayed.

I’m using version 1.000 of this extension with Symphony 2.0.7 and the regular upload field. Also strange is that the uploaded file doesn’t show up in the target directory - even though it’s 777. I attached a screenshot of how it looks after finishing the upload.

Attachments:
uploadify-2.png

Hi Nick. Is there any plan to progress this extension? I would certainly love to use it (for video uploads). If not, is there any alternative out there?

Thanks

Nope, no plans I'm afraid. If someone wants to pick this up please be my guest. It was only a proof of concept.