Search

Just wanted to report a bug that I am surprised that hasn’t already been noted and fixed.

In the code you have a style sheet set for when your using IE6 or IE7+.

IE8 doesn’t work properly with the IE7 hacks applied. If you look at the right hand side of the grid section you will see it doesn’t align.

If you take out the IE7+ and set it to IE7 it seems to work perfectly.

Also IE8’s compatibility mode breaks the collapsed boxes.

Amazing work. really good stuff.

Quick question, though: if I’m using the fixed-width 12-column layout, is there a pixel percentage that will work for the IE6/7 CSS hacks?

It’s currently set to .8% em which isn’t working with fixed-width. Is there another way to address the ie6 float/margin issue..?

I’ve done my due diligence, having tried a number of work-arounds and hacks but I don’t have the skill to solve this and I’m lost. :(

Any thoughts, suggestions?

I’ve not used 960gs, but if by the “ie6 float/margin issue” you mean the ‘double-margin-float bug’ then setting the floated element to display:inline; for IE6 will restore the margins to their proper widths.

I thought all bugs are fixed in the framework, I thought that was part of the reason why it’s so good. It takes some getting used to the 960.gs, but I never use anything else unless I absolutely have to. Has saved me so much time.

Thanks nick, and yes, that seems to be the problem. I’ve tried the display:inline method without much luck. I’ll keep at it.

Featured in Smashing Magazine today, well done bauhouse!

I was also at UX London last week and your jQuery version of 960gs received a mention during a Wireframing Web 2.0 for Design and Definition workshop. Good stuff.

The Clear Left guys making references to my work? Nice!

I’ve been in search of an even more flexible grid system. By extending Nicole Sullivan’s OOCSS grids and adapting the HTML structure of fluidgrid, I think I have something that works better and without the awkward byproduct of percentage based margins that I used with the Fluid 960 Grid System: FluidGrids.

Nice work man!

I wonder if anyone here can help me center the nav menu in its horizontal space.

Thanks!

Wonderful CSS. I added a negative margin on the horizontal navigation element so it spans the full width of container_12; however (unsurprisingly) this negative margin breaks in MSIE. Does anyone have a solution?

I went through the registration process just so I could post to this forum and say thanks for the wonderful, elegant piece of work. I’m using fluid 960 and it’s saved me a lot of time and trouble.

Best,

Derek

urgent: can someone tell me if its possible to put fixed with boxes (center or left/right) within the fluid grid?

thanks!

Yes. The idea is that everything defaults to being fluid width so that whatever width you define, be it fixed or fluid, the elements will fill the space.

Fluid960 was mentioned in another article. :-)

First of all thinks for the ideas. I am trying to implement some of my own extras into this. Its a fantastic idea.

One problem I am having is the drop downs working in ie6, has anyone else had this problem. Is there a fix?

cheers!

Stephen, just one question: Do you sleep? Thanks very much for your great output on this forum.

Hi everyone!

I’m Fabien from Switzerland!

I’ve just installed the bauhouse 960 framework and unfortunatelly the toggle elements don’t work with internet explorer. The box are fully open and the toggle function doesn’t work. Do you have any idea why?

Sorry, Fabien. That’s my fault. I haven’t done the browser testing and debugging necessary to get everything working as they should in Internet Explorer. That’s why I call this a rapid prototyping framework. The assumption is that this is not to be used for production sites. The HTML code merely provides a means of quickly building complex layouts for display in modern browsers as a means of quickly iterating through layout concepts. I have done my browser testing on the Mac in Safari and Firefox. I hope to have time to squash the bugs found in other browsers so that the CSS framework can be more useful beyond the confines of prototyping. As of yet, I have not found the time.

If you have any suggestions about how to improve the functionality, please fork the project on GitHub and submit a pull request. Or if you do not use GitHub, feel free to post your comments here. Thank you.

Check out version 1.1.0

I’ve created a version of this prototype library that allows multiple elements of the same type on a page.

Hello,

Quick question: what is the best version to use so I can have multiple elements on the same page. I’ve tried to use version 1.1.0 and found that there were some bugs when using the accordian and articles. I then updated the javascript to a version I found on github and that seems to have an issue with the mootools kwick box.

Any help would be welcome

Thanks

@gbd What problems did you find with the accordian and articles? Perhaps post the HTML of both elements.