Search

Just thought y’all might be interested:

http://www.webdesignbooth.com/20-promising-open-source-php-content-management-systemscms/

Although why the likes of Wordpress, Drupal, and Textpattern are ‘promising’ rather than ‘established’, I dunno.

Thanks for the link

Cool, good to see another mention. We need to do something to dis-spell the myth that XSLT is difficult to learn…

We need to do something to dis-spell the myth that XSLT is difficult to learn…

I totally agree that Symphony evangelism == XSL evangelism. I would just add that when I started using Symphony, it was because I knew I wanted to use XSL, and I was looking for the CMS to make that happen. If you plot that list on an “easy - - - flexible” axis, I’d like to think (though of course I can’t say from experience) that Symphony would be on the “flexible” end.

There are a lot of options on that list, but the implementation of XSL is what makes Symphony stand out. There has been a lot of progress toward making that better and simpler(R.I.P. Masters), and I think that’s important.

Saw this yesterday on Digg. Great job, guys!

yes very cool, so far my experience in the last day or so has been great. I am big fan of XSLT which is why i chose the project to start working with.

This is really cool, although personally I would rate Symphony higher than these guys did. I say that having developed TextPattern, Joomla and Wordpress sites. All of which were painful compared to Symphony, even after you factor in learning XSLT.

At my company Atomised, we are doing all we can to evangelise Symphony, so hopefully we can all contribute to raising the profile of this great project.