Search

Oh and: The Field “Username & Password” violates the first normal form:

Every row-and-column intersection contains exactly one value from the applicable domain (and nothing else).

:-)

Additionally, the CSS looked a bit broken to me.

I noticed this too in Firefox.

@phoque and @Lewis, a couple of these issues have been noted in the README file on GitHub:

Known Issues

1. The extension will throw an error when navigating to Members : Roles before configuring preferences in Members : Preferences.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Symphony::database() in /Users/stephen/Sites/sym/members-ext/extensions/members/extension.driver.php on line 200

2. There is a CSS bug related to help text below the fieldset legend elements on the Members Roles and Preferences pages in Firefox. The fix is available from the integration branch of the symphony-2 repository.

The CSS fix is now in the integration branch.

As for the other fixes to the interface, I’m hoping someone with more expertise in this area can help out. I’m more of a CSS/XSLT developer. I’m not terribly fluent in PHP.

I have pushed some minor fixes to the master branch. I’d like to be able to fix some of the nastier issues that have come up, but I’m afraid these might be beyond my ability. If anyone can help out with these issues, I’d be happy to integrate the necessary changes. Any help would be appreciated, even if it’s just pointing me in the right direction. Thanks.

I still haven’t had a chance to use this yet. But a site I’m developing does need login functionality so it’s about time I installed this. My PHP skills are strengthening, so I’d be happy to have a crack at the remaining bugs, and give this a good road test.

Thanks, Nick. I’d really appreciate whatever help I can get.

I’m using it on a site currently and it’s almost ready to launch. I’ll see what else I can fix when I take a look at the e-mail message issue I posted on GitHub.

I am currently trying to make the extension complain (and not simply, lets say… break everything) when the prerequisites (ASDC and your Library) aren’t met.

After that I will look into the issue with members breaking altogether when the members section is removed (an option to remove all config settings maybe?)

Today I started using the extension in a client project, Expect some serious issues on the bug tracker!!! :-)

A friend of mine signed in to the Symphony website some weeks ago, and – as far as I remember – he received an opt-in email. I do not find this functionality in the members extension. Any hints?

Lewis, phoque, michael-e, thanks for lending a hand. As for the opt-in email, perhaps the Symphony Team could give us some hints (or some code). You’re right, it’s not part of this extension.

How do I display pageAlerts within the extension driver?

I believe the Maintenance Mode extension may give a clue:

public function __appendAlert($context){

if(!is_null($context['alert'])) return;

if($this->_Parent->Configuration->get('enabled', 'maintenance_mode') == 'yes'){
            Administration::instance()->Page->pageAlert(__('This site is currently in maintenance mode. <a href="%s/symphony/system/preferences/?action=toggle-maintenance-mode&amp;redirect=%s">Restore?</a>', array(URL, getCurrentPage())), Alert::NOTICE);
        }
    }

Subscribe to the AppendPageAlert delegate with a callback to the __appendAlert() method.

array(
                        'page' => '/backend/',
                        'delegate' => 'AppendPageAlert',
                        'callback' => '__appendAlert'
                    ),              

Members Extension 1.0.1

The Members extension is at version 1.0.1 now.

Change Log

Version 1.0.1 - 13 August 2009

• Fix page alerts for editing Member Roles. Fixes Issue #5
  • Make the __call() method public for PHP 5.3.0 compatibility. Fixes Issue #2
  • Added $member-id param to pool (changes and additions from lewiswharf)
  • Change case of title attribute on the ‘Create a New Role’ button to sentence case, for consistency
  • Added documentation to README

Unofficially Released - 4 July 2009

• Released on GitHub by bauhouse (Stephen Bau)

Version 1.0 - 12 April 2008

• Developed by Symphony Team

Members Extension 1.0.1

Cool!

Subscribe to the AppendPageAlert delegate with a callback to the __appendAlert() method.

I tried that, it simply won’t work. Grrrr…

By the way: is ConfigurationAccessor still needed? There are

$this->_Parent->Configuration->get(String key, String category);
$context['settings'] = array(String category => array(String key => Mixed value));

Hm, now looking at them I am reminded how messy I think the $context-thing is…

It would be good to get some clues from others who might have greater expertise in these areas.

The Symphony core team might jump in at this point. There might have been some development going on. Does the team still intend to release its own “official” members extension? Or should we work with what we have?

Alistair?

As far as I know this is the official one that is used on this-here getsymphony.com site. When this site went live Alistair didn’t have time to share and document, so bauhouse obtained a copy of the code and released it instead. Is that correct?

AFAIK, this is correct. But I am afraid that meanwhile the extension has been developed further for the Symphony website. I might be proven wrong. I just wanted to make sure that we don’t have two different extensions in the end.