Search

Okay, I added an invoice ID, using the ID of content I knew was in the CMS, and it did go through. I think I see how it works.

It would be helpful for this to be outlined a bit more in the IPN section of the documentation. Thanks.

Glad you got it working, your setup is kind of an edge case in that you only want to use the IPN tracking part of the extension, so I’m reluctant to chane the way that Event works. I’ll make sure to add a note about the invoice field requirement in the IPN section of the README.

In answer to the earlier question about a cart solution, I’m about to build one using the Shopping Cart extension available on this site.

It’s taking a little figuring out… Max, I may need some help…

PayPal Website Payments Standard is meant to take single payments from a website, but using Symphony, one could build up an order of items, store this in Symphony and then send a total to PayPal using this extension!

I was on the verge of merging the Shopping Cart ext and this one to make a PayPal Express Checkout solution, but it seemed silly when Symphony is great for this sort of thing.

Watch out for a (very simple) Cart ensemble…

Also, Max, is it possible to add a list of the ‘unrequired but available’ PayPal fields into the readme?

It’s taking a little figuring out… Max, I may need some help…

Sure thing, it’s been quite a while since I’ve dealt with a PayPal implementation but I’ll try to help out as much as I can.

Also, Max, is it possible to add a list of the ‘unrequired but available’ PayPal fields into the readme?

Yeah, that’s a good idea. Will do.

PayPal Payments updated to version 1.0.3 on 24th of November 2010

Has anyone modified this extension to use paypal express? I would love to create a checkout where buyers don’t need to fill out their address and data, because -once logged into paypal- paypal already knows this.(like google checkout)

Beyond the paypal docs and labs, there are some php classes and this tutorial

@ Lewis

Nice! I’m just about to release my PayPal/USPS/Cart extension.

Any progress on that?

I looked into it, but gave up after I realised I had everything I really needed with this extension. Plus I’m not good enough with PHP yet…

Looking at the extension.driver.php file, the $allowed_fields array starting on line 342 doesn’t seem to include "email" which would allow the extension to pass along a field set up to collect a user’s email from Symphony on to PayPal. Is there a reason that is so, and is there any potential adverse effect to adding "email" to the end of that array?

Also, I noticed that to validate, the HTML page the extension builds would have to have the closing head tag after the end of the script tag, instead of right after the closing title tag?

The HTML isnt displayed to the user itsjuat there to automatically POST the form off to PayPal, if you think itshould be changed, you could do it and send a pull request on Github.

As for the email, i can’t check as I’m on the train… ;o)

Looking at the extension.driver.php file, the $allowed_fields array starting on line 342 doesn’t seem to include “email”

The payer’s email address is automatically returned by PayPal’s IPN as payer_email, hence the omission from the $allowed_fields array.

Also, I noticed that to validate, the HTML page the extension builds would have to have the closing head tag after the end of the script tag, instead of right after the closing title tag?

Yes, an error on my part. It’s not technically invalid, but I’ll make a note to fix it in the next release.

@newnomad

Any progress on that?

I’ll get it up on git this week.

Anyone tried this with 2.2? I'm a bit of a noob so will have no idea how to fix if it doesn't mostly work....

Keen to use this on a project I have coming up soonish.

Anyone tried this with 2.2? I'm a bit of a noob so will have no idea how to fix if it doesn't mostly work....

I haven't had a chance to update this extension to 2.2 yet. It's likely there will be a few compatibility problems, but it may just work.

All good - I'll give it a try and see how I get on. Thanks!

PayPal Payments updated to version 1.0.4 on 1st of May 2011

Symphony 2.2 compatibility:

• Using proper accessors
  • Fixed XML output from IPN event
  • Fixed IPN calls getting logged multiple times, now log only if payment_status is different.
  • Force HTML headers for the auto-submitting form

Hi Max. Is there an easy way to make paypal payments visible to non developers? I want to give the client's accountant access to see the payments without letting them near the blueprints menu.

Ta. Stu

Yup, the extension limits that information to developers by specifying it on line 193 of extension.driver.php. If you want to make it available to everyone you can remove that line (I think).

That did it. Thanks again Max.

Does this extension supported encrypted form data? I am considering completely re-writing a existing project to use Symphony but need to be able to calculate prices etc... on the back-end and then encrypt the form / Pay Pal transfer.

Thanks, Andy