Search

this is a really nice extension!

Is it working for you on 2.0.7RC1?

@dougoftheabaci Append the @ symbol before DOMDocument::loadHTML function and see if it works.

Did so and it now works perfectly!

PLease post this issue on the issue tracker!

@rainerborene sorry for my lack of response: Thank you for your work.

@doug - running it on a 2.0.6 build

@Michael: I did yesterday when I originally posted the topic. However, the issue is solved now.

Static Section updated to version 1.5 on 5th of April 2010

has anyone seen this error in their message logs before:

WARNING: 2 - DOMDocument::loadHTML() [function.DOMDocument-loadHTML]: ID fields[-1][destination] already defined in Entity, line: 2356 in file /httpdocs/v1/extensions/static_section/extension.driver.php on line 82

i’m trying to figure out if this is a reason why what i’m working on is giving me just a white page after publishing an article or not.

I do get an error in my logs when accessing my test static section page, but mine is:

WARNING: 2 - DOMDocument::loadHTML()
[<a href='domdocument.loadhtml'>domdocument.loadhtml</a>]:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 47 in file
\extensions\static_section\extension.driver.php on line 116

I tried to find a solution the other day but haven’t come across one yet.

@Knupska Did you try this?

@rainer - i think i did do that, but i think that was for a different project. i’ll try that again, thanks.

@rainer, yep that has been done. The @ is infront of both instances where DOMDOcument::loadHTML() is used. It does suppress the error from being seen in the browser but still seems to add it to the log.

@Knupska Any chance Static Section will be updated for v2.0.8 RC3, I enabled the extension but it doesn’t show up in my Fields list.

I’m currently using this on 2.0.8RC3 and it works fine?!

EDIT: When you say fields list, you mean the Section Editor? It should only append a checkbox to the Section Editor, not a Field in the Add New Field list…

Yes, current versions don’t use a special field type anymore. The extension now appends a checkbox “Make this section static” to the top of the page editor (page). It works like a charm for me.

By Fields List I meant the Add item Select box in the Section Editor.

EDIT: Okay, looks like I was little trigger happy with my post. Didn’t see that checkbox at the top. My bad. Thanks michael-e.

You are welcome.

I also get an error at DOMDOcument::loadHTML().

Sym 2.2RC2, latest update from integration branch. I tried with “@” at beginning of the line but no luck.

DOMDocument::loadHTML() [domdocument.loadhtml]: htmlParseEntityRef: no name in Entity, line: 52
C:\wamp\www\arc\extensions\static_section\extension.driver.php line 100

95          }
96      }
98      private function appendPreferences($context){
99          if ($this->_callback['driver'] == 'blueprintssections' && in_array($this->_callback['context'][0], array('edit', 'new'))){
100             $dom = @DOMDocument::loadHTML($context['output']);
101             $xpath = new DOMXPath($dom);
103             $meta = $xpath->query("//input[@name='meta[hidden]']")->item(0);

I’m trying to get this working with Custom Preferences.

SOLVED:

In the HTML output, on line 52 I had “News & Events”. The ampersand “&” triggered the error … pretty strange.