Search

Cheers, fawx! Let me know if issues appear.

thanks, vlad, just created a new remote to your repo, git pull and it seemed to solve my issue!

Thanks, vladG. I'll merge your changes this weekend.

I updated to version 1.6 but the checkbox is not appearing in the section edition pages.

I´m using symphony 2.2.

@duhpc

I updated to version 1.6 but the checkbox is not appearing in the section edition pages.

I´m using symphony 2.2.

I updated this extension to Symphony 2.2.1. It uses the new delegates for Sections. These delegates have been introduced in 2.2.1 so you need to upgrade to latest.

Just upgraded to 2.2.1, and the latest Static Sections (1.6). I'm getting this problem: Here, but since the new update, that line doesn't appear to be there. How can this be fixed? Cheers!

@m165

Read this post.

Cheers @vladG.

That is the one I'm using currently - is there something else I need to do?

Hmm, you have to enable it from Extensions menu. On enable, it will process the newly added delegates.

I tried that - also completely uninstalled the extension, deleted the folder, then tried again and it still showing the titles wrong. This is on two sites I've just updated to 2.2.1 too. Could you host a .zip file of your version thats definitely working somewhere and I'll try that, just incase Git is playing up?

@Vlad: You're fork works perfectly. Thanks! Would be nice if someone with the appropriate rights could pull this into the main repository.

I have one question: When using static sections it always feels strange that the page headline shows the value of the first field in the section - there is only one entry so the title is not what I'm normally looking for. Instead I'd be interested in the name of my static section. So what about replacing the h2 with the name of the current section?

@m165

Could you host a .zip file of your version thats definitely working somewhere and I'll try that, just incase Git is playing up?

See attachment of this comment.

@nils

what about replacing the h2 with the name of the current section?

Good point. On my way with it.

EDIT: One question before I look into it: why would you need it changed? ATM it appears as it should because you're editing an entry. Yes, it is only one entry, but it's still an entry publish page.

Perhaps you want to check Custom Preferences? That extension is the only reason I'm using Static Section.

Attachments:
static_section.zip

EDIT: One question before I look into it: why would you need it changed? ATM it appears as it should because you're editing an entry. Yes, it is only one entry, but it's still an entry publish page.

I have an example of a website we are currently working on: we have a navigation group called "sidebar" which contains multiple sections. Some one these sections are static as they contain contact information for example. If you select this section you don't know what section you are actually in because the navigation group reads "sidebar".

Custom preferences is a nice extension but it's not what we are looking for because we'd like to keep all sidebar sections together and not all of them are static.

Ahh, Nills seems to have described my problem a little better - thats exactly what I'm after. Rather than displaying the first field as the name, I'd like it to display the Static Section name. This makes more sense, and I think for clients it would make more sense too.

@nils, @m165

I'm taking care of it right now.

Thank you so much!

Updated Static Section to 1.6.1 in this commit.

• when static section, <h2> element from publish/edit and publish/new page contains section name
  • refactored the code

Brilliant. Seems to be working perfectly!

Works like a charm. Thanks again!

@vladG Pulled your changes on GitHub. Thanks!