Search

I’ll give it a go when I’m home tonight. Thanks for all the help Nils :)

what is the node that is supposed to be outputted by this? I noticed in doug’s post above that his entries were creating a <media /> node. I don’t get anything like that when I output my xml.

Isn’t it whatever you name the Field in your Section definition?

durr. ya, of course…and of course, i just didn’t include that item. safari 4 has some weird issue with the Include Elements box in the DS editor where it just shows a blank white area until you scroll the box. So now I’m seeing the same issue as doug is was…just uploaded nils’ fix and i’m seeing the info now. thanks!

I have found another bug! There is a compatibility issue when running both the Mediathek 2.0 beta and the Multiselect to Checkboxes extensions. While the other is fine Mediathek seems to act very weirdly. I think this is the source of my “not automatically selected” issue as well as the funky layout stuff I’m seeing.

Any word on how I can fix this, in either plugin? At this point that’s the only thing stopping me from feeling comfortable enough to use them on client sites.

Ah, I see. I think the Multiselect to Checkbox extension has to exclude the hidden Mediathek select box from its DOM manipulations to solve your problem.

I seem to remember this coming up before with the old Mediathek plugin and it was solved then. I’ll poke around and see if I can figure what was done in that instance.

I don’t know anything about the inner working of that extension but instead of using something like $(“select”) it could use $(“select:not(:hidden)”).

Fixed the issue. For anyone else who comes across the same issue you can find the solution here: http://www.getsymphony.com/community/discussions/21324/2/#position-23

@Nils - How’s everything coming along with the Mediathek beta? Is this OK to use in a live environment now, or is it too unstable?

Well … It seems so be quite stable for those starting from scratch but it has some hickups if it is updated from earlier versions. I’m using it on a site of my own and it seems to work reliably.

So if you start with a clean install of Mediathek 2.0 beta it should be save to use it in live environments. But I’ll leave it as a beta until I had the time to finish the documentation and checked the update process. It will take some time because I have a lot to do at work at the moment. If someone is willing to contribute please fork the repository and commit changes to the core code or the documentation.

I’ve been using MediaThek 2.0 beta on a local environment and everything seems to be stable. I’m getting close to transitioning the site live. When that happens I’ll report back of any issues I come across.

Version 2.0 stable

As of today, Mediathek is released as version 2.0 stable: http://github.com/nilshoerrmann/mediathek
Please have a look at the documentation folder for further assistance.

It would be great, if a native speaker could proof-read the documentation. Thanks!

Excellent! Thanks, Nils. I’m working on proof-reading the docs now.

Nils, I don’t really get the drag and drop feature. Is it supposed to create “image tags” (resp. a Markdown image reference) if the file is an image?

I can not drag the item. If I drag the preview, all I get in my textarea is the URL of the image.

Dragging a preview image isn’t supported yet.

Close your Mediathek and drag the caption of an item that has an image or a file attached to a textarea.

Is it supposed to create “image tags” (resp. a Markdown image reference) if the file is an image?

Yes, the extension will either insert an image or a link (for files) based of you current text formatter setup.

I think I understand now. I have to leave the “edit mode”… (But I have to enter this mode first in order to select items, right?)

Uhm, yes and no :)

• You should be able to drag and drop images with closed or opened Mediathek.
  • To select new items you have to be in edit mode (opened Mediathek).
  • To reorder items you have to leave the edit mode.

That’s pretty cool stuff.

Now I only need to understand searching… It simply does nothing at the moment.

Here’s a first cut: http://pastie.org/632338