Search

A new Extension, “Field: Medium Textarea” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Extension of the default textarea field that stores data as mediumtext instead of text. For when your entries start to hit the 65,000 byte mark. Identical in function to the default textarea field.

Available now on the Github.

now I am very curious what kind of entries you make that hit that mark?…

Max is actually quite famous for the length of his… blog posts.

so nothing special like multiple text blocks or languages sperated by nodes or something, just one big body of text?

lol @ czheng.

Max is indeed maximum in many ways.

You know what they say: big blog entries, big uh, formatted blog entries.

@newnomad: I’m in the process of putting together a podcasting site and the—sometimes hour-long—interviews have complete transcriptions. On one particular entry they ran into this limit with the formatted output which was getting truncated at 65K, very confusing because the Markdown input wasn’t being truncated.

We had this problem too on the Public Culture site. Even though most articles only display an excerpt, we actually are populating the system with the full content. And it’s XML. So academic journal articles + XML markup = very very long entries.

I’m not as smart as Max though, so I just went into the DB and manually changed the fields. I guess that’s why he’s got the bigger… paycheck?

Heh, that’s what I did as well. I figured it would be better to be explicit about the alteration in case it ends up being maintained by someone else, hence the new field.

Medium Textarea updated to version 1.0.1 on 19th of March 2011

Symphony 2.2 compatibility thanks to Nick Dunn.