Search

After saving the field condenses to just ‘Add new date’ and when it’s clicked it doesn’t do anything.

How did you manage that?! This should not happen. I’ll look into it.

Hm, I can’t reproduce this behavior. Could you do the following things, please:

• Clear your browser cache and try again.
  • Have a look at your log file and see if there are any field related errors or warnings.
  • Give me the exact dates or ranges you were trying to save.

I came across a similar bug when I had the “Prepopulate” checkbox disabled. Couldn’t reproduce regularly though.

Log has no errors in it.

I’ve tried clearing the cache and chmodding the extension directory too.

These is pretty much what I do and triggers it everytime:

1. Enter all the fields in the page
  2. Change date one
  3. Add a new date, change date two
  4. Hit save
  5. Items condense

Even if I save the entry with date first, then add date two and save the changes, it’ll condense to ‘Add new date’.

I’m using FF3.5.2 on MacOSX if that helps :)

I’ve checked the table in the database for the entry and it has all the rows with the start dates in it.

Again, doesn’t matter what date I put in, whether it’s today, 16:57 or I use the picker to select the date

Are you using single dates, date ranges or a mixture of both?

Single dates initially, haven’t tested with date ranges.

@nils thanks for the great extension. Its been quite useful so far. I found a serious issue – at least for me – today. When I try to create an Event – as in Components > Event – using a section that includes an instance of the Date/Time field, I get a big nasty FATAL ERROR message. Contents below:

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Child is not of type XMLElement' in …/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.xmlelement.php:166
Stack trace:
#0 …/symphony/content/content.blueprintsevents.php(310): XMLElement-&gt;generate(true)
#1 …/symphony/content/content.blueprintsevents.php(164): contentBlueprintsEvents-&gt;__formAction()
#2 …/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.administrationpage.php(111): contentBlueprintsEvents-&gt;__actionEdit()
#3 …/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.administrationpage.php(92): AdministrationPage-&gt;__switchboard('action')
#4 …/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.administrationpage.php(62): AdministrationPage-&gt;action()
#5 …/symphony/lib/core/class.administration.php(84): AdministrationPage in <b>…/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.xmlelement.php</b> on line <b>166</b><br />

I spent some time narrowing this down to a point where I know its has at least something to do with this extension. Let me know if there is anything else you need to help fix this issue.

I posted a reply on the bug tracker.

http://github.com/nilshoerrmann/datetime/issues/#issue/3

RE: Calendar Overlay + DateTime in conjunction.

Nils, not sure if this has happened to you before, but this plugin just does not work for me in using 2.0.6 in any browser. I just see an input field and nothing else. JS is returning no errors. I’ll upload a screenshot.

Have you tried chmodding the datetime extension directory?

@Fazal: It seems to work just fine for me. Anybody else having this problem?

Have you tried chmodding the datetime extension directory?

How could this affect the behaviour of the extension when the javascript is loading without errors?

I’ve had it be a problem a few times before. No JS errors will occur because no JS file will be loaded in some cases.

Specifically for this extension, all I see is two input fields with i think ‘and’ centered between them. From memory though, next time it happens I’ll be sure to screeny

I just uploaded a new branch with the upcoming version 1.3 of this extension. You can find it at http://github.com/nilshoerrmann/datetime/tree/integration. It should fix all bugs I’m aware of and introduces localisation support for German. Furthermore I updated the version of the dateJS framework to the one that the calendar overlay uses which should solve problems with installation relying on both extensions.

Please report bugs on GitHub.
(By the way, which is the correct English phrase: on GitHub or at GibHub?)

One thing that I forgot: You need to manually change the type of the start and end columns of your sym_entries_data_ID to datetime.

which is the correct English phrase: on GitHub or at GibHub

With internet lingo, there’s not always a definitive answer, but I think on is the common usage.

If you are using this extension:
brendo started a discussion about displaying dates in the section overview on GitHub.

As this forum will be closed over the weekend, please visit GitHub and join the discussion. Thanks!

Field: Date and Time updated to version 1.2 on 30th of November 2009

this doesn’t seem to work with 2.0.7. When I click the field, the calendar slides down but i am unable to click any date for it to populate the field. Also, i think incorporating an actual calendar instead of the DD/MM/YYYY values being shown for every single day would be easier to read and select your date - something like the calendar overlay extension. Maybe incorporating the two together?

Do you have the Calendar Overlay extension installed as well?

There’s a bug between the conflicting versions of the Date library used that will result in the calendar looking ugly.

Try disabling the Calendar Overlay to get a feel for the Date and Time field, or, you can pull the integration branch of the field (version 1.3dev). There’s quite a few fixes in there that were worked on awhile back :)