Search

I put the contact form on every article. I am just disclosing this even though I dont think it has anything to do with my problem.

I want to change the email address that the system sends a message to when someone uses the contact form, but I cannot find where to do this. I know you can change most info in the config file, but this info doesnt seem to be there. I created the Symphony installation, so it defaults to my email address, but I want to change it to my client’s email address.

In addition, when it emails me it says “Dear Aram, this is a courtesy email to notify you…” ..I’d like to change that too, if possible.

Yeah, I had this problem awhile ago. Basically you’ll want to create a user for your client (you may have already done this) note their username, which isn’t their first/last, but the name they would use to login to symphony.

Then, make sure to put some of these hidden fields at the bottom of your contact form:

<input name="send-email[recipient]" value="fred" type="hidden" />

Notice where it says “fred” there, that’s where you’ll want their username.

I think in order to change the actual email itself, you may want to look at this plugin, though I haven’t tried that one out myself.

Strange but I changed this and its still emailing the default account (which is me). Im completely baffled here.

Could you please post your code here?

You can see my code here:

http://pastie.org/613683

I made it a little more complex whereby someone can choose between three subjects they want in the email, but that works fine. Im so baffled.

Are you including the square brackets around the username? If so, try removing them.

No, I’m not. I put the username of the account that has the email address I want the email to go to and it just doesnt send it.

Could you please post the output of your Save Message Event? Maybe you have a problem with sending emails. It worked fine except when changing the recipient?

Wait, what do you mean? What it displays on the Save Event page in Symphony?

Strange, it works out of the blue now. Im sorry everyone. I did this and tested it last friday and never received the email (not in my spam folder)…it didnt seem to work then. I sent another test this morning and it worked. No idea why.