Search

A new Extension, “Date Modified” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

A very simple extension of the built-in date field that will record the time whenever an entry is saved. Includes an option to indicate whether or not the field should be editable.

Github Repository

Cool! I like it! I can definitely see where this would be helpful. It actually might be cool if this was always a part of Symphony. A little bit of attribute information that was part of the XML. Something like:

<entry id="165" created-on="2009-06-17T16:28:01" updated-on="2009-06-17T16:28:01">
   <sometag>blah, blah</sometag>
</entry>

Yeah, I agree. But in the meantime…

Love it, thanks!

Great, must have feature!

I think that should be integrated into core. However, useful extension. Thanks!

@czheng, hi very useful extension… I have a suggestion to improve.

Today, if the checked to edit, the date field shows. Ok. If not checked, the date field hide. It will be great if the field shows to user see date but is disabled to edit. =)

How to change date format to appear same of date. alt text

I’ve change the config to d/m/Y and Date default field is ok.

Date Modified updated to version 1.1 on 9th of February 2011

Date Modified updated to version 1.2 on 10th of February 2011

Date Modified updated to version 1.2.1 on 2nd of March 2011

• 1.2.1 Fixed silly syntax error. Thanks, Fazal.

This extension is marked unsure for 2.2.1 compatibility, but should be marked Not Compatible =(

Here's the problem in a nutshell. When the field is added to a section and you view the page for adding an entry to that section, a PHP error occurs. It is caused by line 105 in the extension source code, which calls the setAttribute function with one parameter, but that function (defined on line 292 of lib/toolkit/class.xmlelement.php) requires two parameters: $name and $value.

Date Modified updated to version 1.2.2 on 6th of May 2011

• Bugfixes and display improvements for various modes.

Tested 1.2.2. Works like a charm =)

Yeah I'd fixed it on a local build and just completely forgot to commit it. Thanks for reminding me ;)

Not a problem!

I've received plenty of help from this community and from Symphony itself, so I've felt more than a little obligated to return the favor in some way. Since I'm an amateur at XSLT and unfamiliar with Symphony's source code, my ability to help is rather limited, but all software projects have their low-hanging fruit. For this reason, I've been testing the compatibility of various extensions to hopefully reduce the number of 'unsure' compatibility listings and perhaps point the way to a fix if needed. The quick turnaround here was rewarding =)

I do have a question though, if you don't mind. When someone files an issue on the extension's issue tracker, is this brought to the developer's attention in some way, other than depending on the developer to continually check the extension page to see if the issues number had been incremented? This uncertainty was the reason for my posting the issue with your extension here, because I knew that bringing the discussion to the front page of the forum at least stood a chance of getting your attention.

I've been testing the compatibility of various extensions

That's so tremendously helpful, and a fantastic idea for how to give back to the community. Thanks!

When someone files an issue on the extension's issue tracker, is this brought to the developer's attention in some way

No, it's not, unfortunately. We were working on building that functionality, but decided instead to move all the issues stuff back over to Github in the near future, which will take care of that problem. So you can go ahead and start filing them there I think.

@czheng: Just a quick question for my curiosity. Why store the data into a seperate table ? Why not do it via a simple column in the table where the field is present ? I may fork you since you did a great job, but I would prefere a design where you add only a column.