Search

A new Extension, “Redirect to subpage” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

After a few hours of frustrating xslt problems, I decided to write an extension to fix this problem.

The extension really only is an event, which redirects to the first subpage it finds. (if any)

I do still have problems with git, so if anything goes wrong with github, I apologise.. ;)

has anyone ever tried to use this in such a way that rather than redirecting to a page, a default url parameter is used?

hey huib, so far this is working great in 2.2.3.

one thing i'd recommend though, and i couldn't find an issue tracker on github, is to rename the repo to redirect_subpage without the capitalization. cloning it as is requires renaming the directory.

Yep! :-) I also renamed it: https://github.com/michael-e/redirect_subpage

i'm running into some issues with 2.2.5. the event isn't being copied into workspace/events like i think it should. is anyone else having this issue? is there more i can do to diagnose?

Ah, yes, I have been having the exact same problem with a new website I am developing at this moment. I thought it was me, but this might be a 2.2.5 bug (as I experienced it with another extension).

What platform do you use? (windows, linux, mac?)

Linux huron.site5.com 2.6.32.46-grsec #1 SMP Thu Sep 1 14:04:36 BST 2011 x8664 x8664 x86_64 GNU/Linux

php 5.2.17

it seems that if i manually move the event to the correct directory, it works just fine.

Your extension still works fine with the current version of Symphony, that's great. However, I would like to use it for a multi language site (with the multilanguage the right way-approach). The extension ignores the current language and forwards to the standard language. Has anyone an idea how to make it stay within the current language?

hey moritz - I guess you could achieve this in a more robust way using url router and manually adding some redirects for the desired pages... though I'm not sure how this interacts with the htacces-language-rules of the "multilanguage the right way"-approach.