Search

Thought a few other Symphony users might be trying out Google Wave. I’ve made a public Symphony wave anyone can join if they want.

Unofficial Symphony Wave

Anybody happen to have a spare invite?

Sure, send me your email. craig@ this domain.

Anybody happen to have another spare invite?

Ditto above. I’ve got a handful left.

If anyone wants an invite, get a hold of me on Twitter:

1. Follow sirlancelot
  2. send me this message (filling in your username): “@sirlancelot Hi I’m [username] on Symphony. Can I get an invite to the Wave?”
  3. I will follow you and DM a message to you.
  4. DM your email address to me.

I won’t spam you, I promise. I’ll delete the DMs as soon as I send the invite.

I have 13 invites left

Enjoy your Wave accounts:

At the presentation in may it was said to go public later this year, referring to the septmeber 100000 invites, but is there any mention of when it will go truly public, without invites?

Anyone knows where to get Sam Gammon and Nick Hume’s Campy Bot extension for basecamp integration?

Sorry sirlancelot, your awesome ascii art was stuffing up the forum. Heres an image based version instead:

alt text

Heh, thanks Alister! I felt bad that I blew up the forum.

I still don’t really get Wave. I’m a Campfire user which is like IM but with a transcript, so you can dip in and out when you like. How is Wave different?

You and your silly questions, Nicholas. It’s different because it’s slower, less reliable, and harder to use :)

Its Google, has a bunch of silly new words (blip, what?), and come, on, just look at the logo.

But seriously, its not just an app, its a protocol, right? I think that’s the real story.

Yes, the real workhorse behind Wave is the protocol, which I personally believe will break the internet in the amount of bandwidth it consumes.

But in reality, it is slated to replace email through the use of federation, which is nothing like what you Star Trek fans are thinking.

Wave Protocol

Post your email if you want an invite. I have 7 left. I guess they’re probably not hard to come by anymore; it seems google released a lot in the past 48 hours.