Search

A new XSLT utility, “RSS feed RFC date format to ISO date format” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

this is a great utility. now that i'm importing rss feeds into an aggregator, it's saved me a whole ton of work.

however, i find that i need the time to remain in the output so that i may use it with nick's time ago utility. i've already modified the utility to do this for me through an optional param (as well as take into account time zone offsets), and i'd like to share it with everyone else.

this will be my first contribution to the website, so i think it's only fair that i ask you first how you'd like it to be released, if at all. shall i release it as a new utility with credit to you, or would you just like to incorporate my changes?

@fawx - I'm glad it's been helpful.

shall i release it as a new utility with credit to you, or would you just like to incorporate my changes?

whatever you'd like. I would love to make that utility more useful, so I'll be happy to add your additions to that utility. I put that code on github as well.

thanks! i'll send a pull request once i polish it up. keep in mind, i'm relatively new to xslt and git, so it would make my day to receive any critique or open dialogue about how to improve.

i can't seem to figure out how to send a pull request to a gist, but here is my fork