Search

The error comes from a difference between multilingual field and textarea. In textarea there is no XML validation, not like in a multilingual:

if (!General::validateXML($this->applyFormatting($value), $errors, false, new XsltProcess)) {
            $message = __(
                "'%1$s' contains invalid XML. The following error was returned: <code>%2$s</code>", array(
                    $this->get('label'),
                    $errors[0]['message']
                )
            );

return self::__INVALID_FIELDS__;
        }

CKEditor, I don’t know why, returns #oacute; instead of UTF-8 ‘ó’ and HTML symbols like #oacute; are not accepted by a General::validateXML function.

It turns out that a solution is here http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/symbols/CKEDITOR.config.html#.entities - this variable should be set to false.

So far, it works. I hope it won’t change ;)

Still not working. CKEditor is mean and it uses nbsp entity even if config.entities is set to false.

Much better solution is to replace all entities to their numerical form. This can be done by:

configurationData.entities_processNumerical = 'force';

Numerical entities are fully accepted by Symphony validation.

What makes me curious is why Multilingual Field doesn’t use htmlentitydecode in a validation process like a textarea field. This would solve all those problems I suppose.

This extension tries to open a file that does not exist. This can be fixed using a few lines of code. Change line 59 of extension.driver.php to this:

$path = MANIFEST . '/ckeditor_sections';
$data = file_exists($path) ? @file_get_contents($path) : false;

CKEditor Formatter updated to version 1.2 on 25th of February 2011

• Added support for Symphony 2.2
  • Changed editor style to match more with Symphony
  • Stores configuration in manifest’s config-file

Please note that if you’re using a Symphony version prior to 2.2, you need to select the ‘2.1.2’-tag from the repository.

Thanks for updating it to Sym 2.2. It’s a really nice text editor.

@kanduvisla

One problem with the editor. It is added to a standard Text Area but not showing properly. See image in attachment.

Attachments:
ckeditor_bug.png

Hm, looks like a stylesheet issue. Have you cleared your cache? And which browser are you using?

I've got the same issue as vladG. Running Symphony 2.2 on MAMP. Both Firefox and Safari are not showing the icons.

Cleared cache. Firefox. WinXP. Sym 2.2.

Same issue 2.2 using Firefox & Chrome

Have you checked that the needed styles are attached to your backend or if there are any JavaScript errors in your console?

No JS errors, just looks like the CSS file is not being included on the editor elements just admin.css & basic.css

Maybe something isn't loading properly from .js.

The same files are loaded both in Symphony 2.1.2 and in 2.2.

ckeditor/assets/symphony.ckeditor.css
ckeditor/lib/ckeditor/ckeditor.js
ckeditor/assets/symphony.ckeditor.js

Fails in IE8 aswell.

Sorry my bad...

I forgot to include a bunch of CSS-files in the last commit... I just updated the repo, so everything should be just fine now.

Brilliant thanks for your help.

Cheers, Geil! Thank you.

CKEditor Formatter updated to version 1.2.1 on 24th of March 2011

Changes are:

• Improvements to the file browser
  • A new skin (thanks Zimmen!)
  • Some minor bugfixes

Looks nice!

Hi,

Tried hard, but file browser does not show any contents or UI (except for navigation) for linked document section. Just an empty, selfclosed div class="right" in the popup's src. See attachment.

All versions (browser, symphony, extensions) are the most recent ones, but this bug(?) was in place also before your last update.

Any ideas? PS: I just hope it is not linked to Multilingual field...

UPDATE

Ehh.. I found a conflict with the "Better forms" extension. Disabled it and file browser semi-works now. Semi, because i can browse/select existing entries, but "create new" button is dead silent.

UPDATE 2

"Create new" points to "server-root/symphony/.../new" and, if sym is installed in subfolder, it wont adapt accordingly. Will try to hack this :)

Thanks and good luck.

Attachments:
Capture.JPG

hey a fast "Better forms" extension fix for popups patch

filebrowser "create new" button subfolder install patch