Search

@makenosound, i too would be interested in a Capistrano script/tutorial!

@newnomad - dreamhost shared servers offer ssh support. on my mac via terminal i use this:

ssh admin_user_name@dreamhost_server_name.dreamhost.com

for example, i’m on dreamhost’s powerade server so it’d be something like this:

ssh admin@powerade.dreamhost.com

then you are prompted for the ssh password. Forget how ssh gets set up with dreamhost or if it is just automatically set up for you when you create an account (had this account since 2005 or so).

Can someone post this Greg Hughes extension somewhere? His website no longer works and I really want to get hold of it…

Thanks in advance.

Attached. I believe it was compiled for PHP 5.2.6 but I’m using it on the latest version of MAMP with 5.3 and it appears to work.

Of course, use at your own risk blah, blah, blah.

Place in:

MAMP > bin > php5.3 > lib > php > extensions > no-debug-non-zts-20090626

The last folder might have a slightly different name but you get the idea.

Attachments:
zip.so.zip

Thanks for that Doug, I copied it and added the extenson into php.ini, but as I don’t have —enable-zip compiled into php it still won’t work.

I’ve scoured the internet for how to reconfigure php for MAMP with —enable-zip yet there are no instructions that work, I come accross errors that other people report, but never find a slution for them… Very annoying.

Is your version of php 5.3 configured for zip? I’m using exactly the same version of MAMP you are…

If it is, I don’t suppose it would be too cheeky to get a copy of your php from MAMP would it?

I can’t think of any other way to get this to work, and I really need to be able to export ensambles for my projects and clients.

Thanks for your help, and thanks in advance…

@designermonkey - It looks as if the PHP 5.3 on Snow Leopard (the default install) has the -zip extension installed. I got working by following Fazal Khan’s video tutorial (starting at the 8:20 mark), he’ll show you how to setup apache/php/mysql on your local machine.

I already have it installed using MAMP, it just doesn’t have zip enabled. I can’t move to another installation of apache/php/mysql as I manage quite a few sites with it.

Is it possible to copy one php setup over another? Could I do this with the snow leopard setup and copy it over my MAMP one?

To be honest, I just assumed it work because it did before. I haven’t actually checked.

I, too am sticking with MAMP but not because I’m already using it (I don’t mind moving things around if I have to) but rather because I’m using MAMP Pro as well.

As far as I know the ZIP extension I have posted was compiled for PHP 5.2.6 and not PHP 5.3. I do not know if that makes a difference as I’m not really a developer.

I just find a simple and dummy way…

1. upgrade MAMP to 1.9, support PHP 5.3.2
  2. download XAMPP, find the zip.so file for PHP 5.3.1
  3. just copy the zip.so to MAMP folder (/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5.3/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626 )
  4. Edit php53.ini template, add line “extension=zip.so” to MAMPapcMAMP section
  5. Restart MAMP server

Work!

@wastemobile: That’s the sort of thing I thought of, can you enable the export ensamble plugin after doing this? I get the ZipArchive class not available error and therefore can’t enable the extension. This is because my php for MAMP isn’t compiled with —enable-zip.

Grumble.

@wastemobile: Stupid question time: I don’t have a file named php53.ini so I’m guessing you mean the php.ini associated with PHP 5.3, yes?

I downloaded the zip.so file from XAMPP and installed it as you instructed. I think edited my php.ini file and it doesn’t seem to have made a difference.

Could you please upload your php.ini file so we can compare?

@designermonkey: Are you installed the new MAMP version 1.9 just published 2010-04-16? I cannot enable zip archive at MAMP 1.8.4, but 1.9 working. I checked the php info, and the Export Ensemble function of Symphony’s System Preferences really show up the “Create” button and package all site download is working.

@dougoftheabaci: Sorry, it’s my fault. MAMP 1.9 do have two php.ini, one for php5.2( /Applications/MAMP/conf/php5.2/php.ini ), and one for php5.3( /Applications/MAMP/conf/php5.3/php.ini ). I just use the MAMP Pro menu “File->Edit Template->PHP 5.3.2 php.ini” to add one line only.

Here is my phpinfo snap: http://www.flickr.com/photos/minichaos/4532253676/sizes/o/

I really don’t know how it get work…XD

@dougoftheabaci just forgot the php.ini file… the attachment is my working file.

Attachments:
php.ini

Ugh. I figured it out and it works now. My PHP.ini was just fine as was my placement of the zip.so file.

However, while MAMP was set to used PHP5.3 MAMP Pro was still using PHP5.2.6 for some reason. Changing the settings there seems to have set it all to rights.

I reinstalled MAMP Pro and added the zip.so and it works now, thank god!

Just one thing. What are the contents of the zip supposed to be? When I unzip the ensamble, I get the same file name but with the extension .cpgz, is this correct? I expected folders and files?

Has anyone come accross this before?

You are right, it should be folders and files.

It works for me using Mac OS X 10.6.3 (w/o MAMP — I am using Marc Liyanage’s fully-fledged PHP5 installation). But in the past I experienced problems from time to time — in these cases simply try and use different software for unzipping. (Unfortunately there are many different ZIP standards out there…)

For Mac users I’ve been a big fan of BetterZip for a while. I’ve yet to come up against an archive it didn’t work with (save some of the really off-beat, badly formated .r01–.r99 sorts).

Ok, I opened the zip in a text editor to see if I could read the file header, and guess what I found??!! A Symphony error page…

readfile(/Users/Sites/portfolio/htdocs/manifest/tmp/ensemble.tmp.zip) [function.readfile]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
An error occurred in /Users/Sites/portfolio/htdocs/extensions/export_ensemble/extension.driver.php around line 182
        177:                 )
        178:             );
        179:             
        180:          header('Pragma: no-cache');
        181:         
        182:             readfile(TMP . '/ensemble.tmp.zip');
        183:             unlink(TMP . '/ensemble.tmp.zip');
        184:             exit();
        185:             
        186:         }
Backtrace:
        [:0] GenericErrorHandler::handler();
        [/Users/Sites/portfolio/htdocs/extensions/export_ensemble/extension.driver.php:182] readfile();
        [/Users/Sites/portfolio/htdocs/extensions/export_ensemble/extension.driver.php:189] extension_export_ensemble->__export();
        [/Users/Sites/portfolio/htdocs/extensions/export_ensemble/extension.driver.php:195] extension_export_ensemble->__SavePreferences();
        [/Users/Sites/portfolio/htdocs/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.extensionmanager.php:264] extension_export_ensemble->appendPreferences();
        [/Users/Sites/portfolio/htdocs/symphony/content/content.systempreferences.php:57] ExtensionManager->notifyMembers();
        [/Users/Sites/portfolio/htdocs/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.administrationpage.php:81] contentSystemPreferences->view();
        [/Users/Sites/portfolio/htdocs/symphony/lib/core/class.administration.php:88] AdministrationPage->build();
        [/Users/Sites/portfolio/htdocs/symphony/lib/core/class.administration.php:204] Administration->__buildPage();
        [/Users/Sites/portfolio/htdocs/index.php:20] Administration->display();

Any ideas about this? It isn’t even a zip file, so something has gone wrong. I’m on 2.0.8RC1

The ensemble ZIP file is built by saving the files to be included to the /manifest/tmp directory. If this directory does not have write permissions, you’ll get a corrupt ZIP file. At least, that’s been my experience on the Mac.

I’ve manually sudo chmod’ed the permissions for the entire Symphony site and it works now.

Even though the preferences are set to 755 for files and folders, I have had to manually set all the permissions! Including setting workspace and contents to 777…

Anyhoo, it works now.