Search

I have started to develop an extension, and my starting point is literally the most bare essential as far as I can tell from the documentation.

I have a folder called MyExtension with the following code within the extension.driver.php file: -

http://pastie.org/776274

Can anyone tell me why this won’t even show up in the extension list?

What if you change the folder name to myextension?

What if you change the folder name to myextension?

That seemed to do it Nick.

Without wishing to be too critical, it would be nice if folder name didn’t have too much impact on things. If all the vital metadata (if that is the right word) is in the class, surely it shouldn’t matter about the folder name.

No doubt someone will point out why it is important in due course!!

The foldername dependency is really simple: the classname to call is based on the folder name..

If the folder had no impact on the classname, you would have to read the file to get the classname first, now you can just derive it from the folder (saves on CPU and development time!)

And there’s the explanation!!

Cheers :)

No problem!

The foldername dependency is really simple: the classname to call is based on the folder name..

How can this work? How can you find a camelcase classname based on a lowercase foldername?

How can this work? How can you find a camelcase classname based on a lowercase foldername?

For as far as I know, classnames in php are not case-senstive..