Search

A tutorial on XSLT has just popped up over at nettuts.

Good for newbies and seasoned developers alike until we get more Symphony/XSL tutorials under way.

Read it over at Nuttuts - Getting started with XSL(T)

Nice!

While it’s good to see resources and so much interest in XSL (check out all the comments), the author is giving a procedural usage, using for-each, when really the declarative (matching on xpath etc) is what XSL it all about.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the author did that intentionally, to make it an easy intro to the language.

Nice to see such a big and positive response. Although they’re suggesting bad programming style: A few template matches would have have been much cleaner. :-)

Edit: Whops, ashooner I just read you mentioned that as well. Clearly I should start reading forum posts more thoroughly. Sorry for stealing your show there.

Although they’re suggesting bad programming style: A few template matches would have have been much cleaner. :-)

Exactly what I was thinking :-)

Clearly we’re all a bunch of xslt snobs.

Clearly we’re all a bunch of xslt snobs.

lol, that’s ok.

Great article. Also, thanks to the Symphonians who posted a comment about Symphony CMS on the article!

For the XSLT snobs – to get even more snobbish and technical, XSL(T) should really just be written as XSLT. XSL is a short-hand for XSL-FO and has little to do with XSLT.

Cool! It will certainly worth 25 minutes :) And I look forward to seeing you xslt snobs write more tutorials :P