Search

Also, quick question, are nickdunn’s fixes on his fork going to be merged into the master?

I’ve got the Frontend Membership extension working for the Forum Ensemble in Symphony 2.0.8RC1.

@bauhouse -

We have the Members extension installed on Symphony 2.0.8 RC1, and when we try to register a new member, we get the following error…

in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
    C:xampphtdocssite.compublicsymphonylibtoolkiteventsevent.section.php line 279

274 }
    276 $entry_id = $position = $fields = NULL; 
    277 $post = General::getPostData();
    279 if (in_array('expect-multiple', $this->eParamFILTERS)) {
    280     if (is_array($post['fields']) && isset($post['fields'][0])) {
    281         foreach ($post['fields'] as $position => $fields) {
    282             if (isset($post['id'][$position]) && is_numeric($post['id'][$position])) {
    283                 $entry_id = $post['id'][$position];
    }

Have you come across this problem when working on your Forum Ensemble and Frontend Membership in Symphony 2.0.8 RC1?

Do you or anyone else know how to solve this one? We are stumped.

Thanks so much!

Yes. The new Event Manager adds the following to events.

public $eParamFILTERS = array(

);

Since it is missing from these old events, they fail. Check out this change.

Excellent! Thank you! OK. That makes sense. Thank you so much!

Hi, I got an empty page after putting the ‘members’ into the ‘extension’ folder. The dependencies SMTP and ASDC are both enabled. I have to remove the ‘members’ folder and the system works again.

Anyone know how to overcome this issue? Thanks.

Add this to your .htaccess to enable PHP errors:

php_value display_errors on

Followed your instruction and get this error message:

Fatal error: Class ‘GenericErrorHandler’ not found in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/symphony/extensions/members/extension.driver.php on line 1087

What version of Symphony and Members are you using?

I’m using symphony 2.0.7 and Members 1.2.1beta. They are all the newest versions.

Hum, very strange. I installed another copy on my production server and it works. Don’t know why my local doesn’t

You know, I’ve been picking and pulling this extension apart over the last few days and intermittently I was getting the same error. I could never pinpoint it to fix it, or remember exactly what I did to trigger it though!

Seems to be working without issue now, but then again alot of the code has been refactored too so I could of fixed it without knowing.

I had this extension working pretty well for awhile along with the Members Reference Ensemble. I have Symphony 2.0.8 RC3 and the latest versions of the three extensions from the zip files here on the website.

It seemed to be working well, but now that I’ve tried adding a few members I’m getting this error on the Publish Members backend screen.

Symphony Fatal Database Error

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1
An error occurred while attempting to execute the following query

SELECT * FROM `sym_members_roles` WHERE `id` = LIMIT 1

Should I not have used 2.0.8RC3? Is there something I can fix?

Have you created your Member Roles and configured the Members Preferences? I seem to recall that a similar error occurred when the Roles and Preferences had not yet been configured.

If you’re not having any success with this, you can try out the Forum Ensemble, which is working with 2.0.8RC3. I have made a number of modifications to the required extensions to enable compatibility with Symphony 2.0.8.

Could someone please explain how to let the members edit ther profiles in the front end (maybe add the ability to the esemble)?

I’ve already taken a look at the forum ensemble but the custom data sources and events needed for this are currently over my head and seem to require symphony 2.0.8.

Thanks!

Switched over to 2.0.8 RC3 and am using the forum ensamble as base. Works like a charm. thanks.

Hi all, this is my first post - I already love everything about Symphony I’ve seen so far - but please forgive me if I forgot something fundamental.

I’m currently playing around with the ‘symphony-members-reference-ensemble’. I installed it on MAMP, emails are being sent. When I register as a new user I’m getting something like this: http://test/symphony-members-reference-ensemble/activate/042dd9d671b61dc264f5f1a02896cc01

When I click it I’m just getting “You Shall Not Pass!”. Can someone please help a newbie? Thanks!

It’s a little bit odd, but you actually need to be logged in to activate your account. When you log in, your user account is flagged as inactive until your account is activated, at which point you become a full-fledged member.

I’m sorry Stephen, I don’t understand that behaviour. A user would register and receive an email with an activation link which they would then click to activate thier account, only to find the link fails as they aren’t logged in? Is this right?

Surely a user would be automatically logged in by the link and activated, as happens on other sites. I’ve never heard of bahaviour this way round, and it would definitely confuse and agrivate a standard web user to have that extra step involved.

Is there no way to do it the right way round?

I don’t think it’s right. It’s just the way Alistair created it. The way around it would be to not require that level of authentication for the activation event. It’s probably a trivial change to modify the hard-coded configuration setting in the activation event, and a somewhat less trivial change to add a preference setting to the admin UI to manage this behaviour.

I could probably tinker with it, but I’d love the dev team to be able to pick this up again and get the Members extension stable for 2.0.8, incorporating these usability suggestions.