Search

but I’d love the dev team to be able to pick this up again and get the Members extension stable for 2.0.8

This will definitely be the best way to go. Once the “official version” (which is Alistair’s Frontend Membership extension) has caught up, the community may contribute bugfixes and features. I don’t think it will be good to introduce even more changes in the “bauhouse fork”.

Stephen (a.k.a bauhouse), I hope you will find the time to send some pull requests to Alistair. You have put so much work in this, and this will be a great contribution.

2nd, I’m a big fan of the Frontend Members Extension and have it running for several projects now. It’s pretty amazing for everything you can build with it. I’d love to see it “stable”.

This is a high-priority item for us. Expect movement on it sooner rather than later.

Is there a possibility to redirect the page when a Guest wants to show a forbidden page?

I saw this piece of code for the error message:

if($row = Symphony::Database()->fetchRow(0, 
                "SELECT `sym_pages`.* FROM `sym_pages`, `sym_pages_types` 
                WHERE `sym_pages_types`.page_id = `sym_pages`.id AND sym_pages_types.`type` = '403' 
                LIMIT 1")){

$row['type'] = Symphony::Database()->fetchCol('type', 
                    "SELECT `type` FROM `sym_pages_types` WHERE `page_id` = '".$row['id']."' "
                );

$row['filelocation'] = (PAGES . '/' . trim(str_replace('/', '_', $row['path'] . '_' . $row['handle']), '_') . '.xsl');

$context['page_data'] = $row;
                return;

}

throw new SymphonyErrorPage(
                'Please <a href="'.URL.'/symphony/login/">login</a> to view this page.', 
                'Forbidden', 'error', 
                array('header' => 'HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden')
            );

@nickdunn
I used your fix to remove the need of using the username and email address. I did exactly what you said but when I register a new user I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method EmailTemplate::memberemailfieldid() in /var/www/g33026/psy-match.nl/HTML/extensions/members/extension.driver.php on line 51

This is the code on line 51 I used:

46          foreach($members as $member_id){
47              $email = new LibraryEmail;
49              $member = self::$_Members->fetchMemberFromID($member_id);
51              if (self::memberEmailFieldID() == self::usernameAndPasswordField()) {
52                $email->to = $member->getData(extension_Members::usernameAndPasswordField(), true)->username;
53              } else {
54                $email->to = $member->getData(extension_Members::memberEmailFieldID(), true)->value;
55              }

Can you help me finding the problem?

I have an issue!

I have used the Member Link field in a section, and set it to Optional, yet when I try and make an entry in the section, it is telling me that The Username or ID supplied was invalid. Even though it is optional.

I can’t save any entries.

I thought I had fixed this by changing line 173 in field.memberlink.php from

if(!is_null($invalid)){

to

if($this->get('required') == 'yes' && !is_null($invalid)){

however this now causes an error on the section publish page:

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
    C:\projects\approval\extensions\members\fields\field.memberlink.php line 85

81          if(!is_null($link)){
    82              return parent::prepareTableValue(array('value' => @implode(', ', $data['username']), $link));
    83          }
    85          foreach($data['username'] as $index => $username){
    86              $a = Widget::Anchor($username, URL . '/symphony/publish/' . self::$_driver->memberSectionHandle() . '/edit/' . $data['member_id'][$index] . '/', "Edit Member '{$username}'");
    87              $value .= $a->generate() . ', ';
    88          }

I had troubles with the Member link field as well. I ended up switching to a Select Box Link. Not totally sure what the difference was.

That’s what I’ve done in the end, and yeah, I don’t know either, but I’m sure it would be something good ;)

Does someone know how to make custom forbidden pages?

Create a page with title, Forbidden, URL handle, forbidden (or 403, or whatever works for you), and give the page a Page Type of 403. The template could look something like this.

The page is triggered when the Page Level Permissions have been set to deny access to the member role that is trying to access the page.

Edit: Check out the DesignAdmin ensemble to see how this works.

Alright thanks a lot. I’ll try to make these pages.

A late thanks thanks to you bauhouse,

I didn’t notice your reply until now - sorry. I assumed I’ll get an email if someone replies…

Well anyways, I now understand what went “wrong”. I’ll have to second what designermonkey said. This really isn’t expected behaviour so I think I will hack my local copy. I also agree in that it’s good not to have a dozen of extension-forks flying around in order to keep it clean.

I really like Symphony. Oh, I think I said that before ;)

Hi all,

I am having an issue when trying to login. I get the following error:

Table symphony.sym_entries_data_0 doesn’t exist An error occurred while attempting to execute the following query SELECT value FROM sym_entries_data_0 WHERE entry_id = ‘12’ LIMIT 1

Can anyone please help me out? I’m new to Symphony and desperately trying to learn more about it as I am enjoying using it at the moment.

Thanks

If think I had a similar/the same problem. The reason was either a missing member link field in a section or no entries in the roles section, if I remember right.

Yes, this is a crippling error for me right now on my Issue Tracker. I deleted a Member Link field because it wasn’t working properly (and replaced with a Select Box Link), and now when I go to edit a section (from the front-end) I get the same message pk mentions. I can’t figure out how to get rid of it.

Is the Members Datasource from the Forum Ensemble supposed to be default for the Members Extension? Every time I install the Members Extension, I don’t get the Members Datasource.

Hi all,

on page 4 of this thread, bambocci added comment #78 on 29 Mar 10, 9:58 am.

Hs comment is the possible solution to an issue I am currently experiencing but do not know how to use his advice.

The code in extension.driver.php seems different to the one he replaced so need to find out if I am looking in the wrong place.

Is there a way to hide the “Members” configuration from the backend navigation menu for certain authors or a user type like ‘author’. Thanks to the great extension Author Section I was able to hide the section itself but not the config though. I need to prevent the authors messing this up…

I’m dying to use this extension but can’t because of the SMTP Mail Library Extension won’t enable :(