Search

Acctualy the funcionality intended is something like My Discussions here on the forum. I tried to run the Forum ensemble to check how it’s done, but the Data Sourcers are locked.

Success! lol

Used the param $cookie-member-id and it worked!

Thanks!

Hi! Please help me. I install members extension, registration works prety good, but i have a problem. I cant login from frontend: im entering username and password pressing submit button page reloading and nothing going on. i see member-login-info logged-in=”false” in XML

@Salutik what else does your xml say? the problem is likely described there.

Activation doesn’t work even if i logged in… Situation: I logged in and the activation page became available, but no functionality. “Activate account” and “Resend Activation Code” make nothing.

What does it mean?

Activation doesn’t work even if i logged in… Situation: I logged in and the activation page became available, but no functionality. “Activate account” and “Resend Activation Code” make nothing.

I haven’t got that far yet with this extension but I just wanted to note that the activate account and resend activation code are both events that need to be attached to the appropriate page. Have you done that?

hmm…it works today. I didn’t do nothing. But, events: Members: Activate Account, Members: Resend Activation Email was checked in Activate page. I’ll observe it. Thank you Lewis for explaining.

Has anyone tried to use version 1.3 alpha? I’m having fun squashing some showstopping bugs. I’ll submit a pull request once I familiarize myself with git again.

Hey everybody… I’m trying to get this to work on 2.1.2, yeah probably not the best idea… but just a quick question… I get the following when I fill out the form:

<members-register result="error">
        <filter name="permission" status="passed" />
        <message>Entry encountered errors when saving.</message>
        <password type="invalid" message="h   Password is too short. It must be at least 6 characters." />
        <post-values>
            <username>asdsafasfd</username>
            <email>admin</email>
            <password>hello1234</password>
            <confirm>hello1234</confirm>
            <role>3</role>
        </post-values>
    </members-register>

I put the $password in the message section before the “to short” text, and it appears that it only takes the first character, same thing with the username…

Any clues?

Thank you!!!

Got it resolved! Thanks! :)

Wehey it's me again! Still working on some final adjustments... The problem I run into is that when activating (changing roles) it will resend an activation email because there is a glitch of updating and reading.

in Short the role_id gets updated from 2 to 3, but when selecting the template it for some reason picks 2 again.

I did a test by doing an update and then immediately fetching the update and low and behold it will not get the updated values! why is that?

$update_now = Symphony::Database()->query(sprintf(
                "UPDATE `sym_entries_data_%d` SET `role_id` = %d WHERE `entry_id` = %d LIMIT 1",
                $Members->roleField(),
                (int)Symphony::Configuration()->get('new_member_default_role', 'members'),
                (int)$activation_row['member_id']//(int)$Members->Member->get('id')
            ));

Symphony::Database()->flush();
            $check_update = Symphony::Database()->fetchRow(0, sprintf(
                "SELECT 'role_id' FROM `sym_entries_data_%d` WHERE `entry_id` = %d LIMIT 1",
                $Members->roleField(),
                (int)$activation_row['member_id']//(int)$Members->Member->get('id')
            ));
            var_dump($check_update['role_id']);

Okay, I just had to initialize the Member class after the row update... hmm...

Hello everybody,

Does anybody know whether there's any way to have a different value for the submit button attribute other than (lowercase) login? I found that if I don't use exactly this format:

<input type="submit" name="member-action" value="login" />

There is no way to login. For example the following code would not let me login:

<input type="submit" name="member-action" value="Login" />

Of course it would be even more convenient to be able to use any word for the value attribute (think about other languages).

Any suggestion is greatly welcome. Thank you!

<input type="submit" name="member-action[login]" value="Login" />

Should work

A good point. Until this is considered, you could try using a <button> element instead.

@brendo: Sorry, that doesn't seem to work.

@nickdunn: Thank you, you actually gave me inspiration for this, which I think is even more elegant:

<input type="hidden" name="member-action" value="login" />
<input type="submit" value="Login" />

This way you submit the form with the correct values, keeping the submit button outside of the role of passing parameters. :)

@finferflu: You can also use CSS.

text-transform:capitalize

Thanks for the suggestion BBQbrains, but in this case I was building my website not in English, so I needed a different word altogether.

I am back, unfortunately :P

I have tried exporting my ensemble, but when accessing my members section, I get this fatal error:

Table 'biblica.sym_members_roles' doesn't exist
An error occurred while attempting to execute the following query
SELECT SQL_CACHE * FROM `sym_members_roles` ORDER BY `id` ASC

Any ideas as to why this table is missing and if there's any way to get it back?

Thanks a lot!

The Export Ensemble extension does not include tables created by extensions, unfortunately. I have created branches of the extension to include missing tables when exporting, for example, with the old version of the Members extension.

Another option, that I have been favouring because of this issue, is to use the Dump DB extension instead. This ensures that you are able to save all tables.