Search

I just got some usability feedback from one one of my Symphony sites and one thing that came up is the following:

This site uses a section lot of ‘work’ items, containing a title/photo/etc, and a category. On the frontend these categories are all turned into sub-items of work, and each work item indivudually can be re-ordered with Order Entries.

Now the problem lies in the ordering of all items in a pretty big list with all the categories together wich got a little messy (a search option might help, but not when ordering I guess).

So I was wondering how usefull it would be if you could assign something like a Navigation Sub Group (much like the Navigation Group in a section now), based on the contents of a specific field (a Select Box for example)

Each ‘virtual’ Navigation Sub Group would take all entries with a certain Select Box value and display these items in the overall UI as a subgroup of the main Navigation Group?

Does that make sense?

Does that make sense?

Kind of. Would Publish Filtering be useful?

Yeah, thanks nick, it depends if that would work well with the re-ordering (sounds like a simple enough solution though).

It would be great to somehow see those sub groups back in the UI somehow though, That would make dealing with large lists a lot quicker for most people I guess.