Search

As discussed here, the Symphony team is very excited to announce that there will be an official Symphony meetup event this summer in London during the weekend of 12-13 June—immediately following @media 2010.

Right now we’re imagining a one or two day event, but the extent of the activities will likely depend on projected attendance. So to help us plan, we’d like to gauge the community’s interest.

If you’re interested in attending, please reply to this thread, and let us know if you are:

• definitely attending
  • very likely to attend
  • hoping to attend

And also if:

• available both days
  • available Saturday only
  • available Sunday only

Thanks all :)

I will definitely be attending, of course. I will be available Saturday, but I will be looking at extending my stay an extra day, if I can.

Johanna and I will definitely be attending the meetup. We are available both days.

Definitely. Available both days.

Definitely on both days.

Very likely, on one day probably.

Very likely both days.

It’s very likely I can make at least one day. Look forward to it!!

(Loving how the Londoners are entirely noncommital).

Current stats (updated):

• 4 5 Germans (definitely)
  • 2 4 Englishmen (likely)
  • 1 Canadian (definitely)
  • 1 Australian (likely)
  • 1 Dutchman (likely)
  • 1 American (hoping)

Maybe we should switch to a German location ;)

You are aware of the fact that German has the chance to end up as the main language of the meetup? Englishmen, beware! You might have to give us T-Shirts featuring English subtitles to what we are saying instead of those boxes and arrows afterall.

Hah!

Great stuff - very likely.

• 4 Germans
  • 2 Englishmen
  • 1 Dutchman
  • 1 Canadian

Core team… when can be add +1 American and +1 Australian to the list?!

Very likely, only on one day probably.

The cost of a flight to UK in June is pretty high for both Allen and I. One of us will be there for certain, but I think a lot depends on the expected number of attendees.

My guess is that we’d commit the resources to getting Allen there first. Much more important that he be there. I live not far from a major seaport at Elizabeth, so perhaps I could sneak aboard a container ship ;) More likely to end up in Shanghai though I suppose…

One of us will be there for certain, but I think a lot depends on the expected number of attendees.

What’s the number we need to get you both?

Good question. And like most good questions I don’t have the answer to it ;)

Should know more by late this week/early next.

Correcting the stats: 5 Germans (Nils, Johanna, phogue, klaftertief and one strange guy with boots).

Updated the stats: We have 6 definitely, 6 likely, 1 hoping.

Oh, I didn’t know I had already confirmed that I’m coming. So be it, I’m coming.